TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation No one to turn to...no one who cares - April 24th 2012, 01:40 PM

Heyy

Ive been having trouble with my own feelings and things for a very long time, actually since i was about 7 years old...Last year i tried to do something about it...i tried to kill myself but the police found me and grabbed hold of me :/ I was then sent to an adolescent unit for 6 months (i was still struggling when i was discharged....such a great help) After i was discharged, i felt horrible, i was self harming more then i had ever been, i ran away and tried to kill myself again but was unsuccessful...those feelings died down eventually until just before i turned 18, i was so scared and started self harming again, my life weren't worth living...i went to a meeting thing with CMHT but didn't find it useful...i now feel out of control, i can't sleep at night, i can't even be bothered to eat...my life's gone bad to worse and i can't handle it anymore...i have no one to talk to, my family hates me, I just don't know what to do or who to turn to

(#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: No one to turn to...no one who cares - April 24th 2012, 02:39 PM

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. It sounds super lousy!

I'm sorry to hear that you have tried to hurt yourself many times. You said the hospital didn't work... but I didn't hear that you have tried a therapist of your own?
This would be my first suggestion, to talk to a professional again. The best thing about this situation is that you dont have to feel this way anymore! It might be scary, but if you give therapy another shot and give it your all and be super open about how you feel.... I'm sure it would help you wonders!

You also say that your family "hates" you? I'm sorry you feel this way. Would you be comfortable talking with them then, or no? Because I think it would also be a good idea for your family to know where you are right now in your life.

Dont suffer in silence, dont suffer alone. There are people out there that want to help you and want you to get better. Give them a chance!

I do know how you feel though, depression is something that is not fun at all, and should not be taken lightly. If you are having these feelings, you need to do something about them. (a good something)

I hope this helped in someway, I'm very sorry to hear you are struggling so.
You can message me anytime.
Shelby

Closed Thread