TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LuxLisbon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katie

I just don't know what to do - July 17th 2012, 10:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm currently in 'recovery' for self harm and am dealing with depression. I seeked help about 10 weeks ago and had my first pyschologist appointment yesterday. I couldn't answer any of the questions and basically just wasted people's time.
I've tried writing out my feelings and also done what I was told which was to write a list of things I like about myself and read it to myself everyday but I could only come up with one thing. Even though I have all this support around me I feel more alone than ever. I've been trying me hardest not to cut but it's too hard and i'm just letting everyone down. I'm sick of feeling awful and I just want to die. I really am trying hard to get better but i keep letting everyone down and I can't handle it anymore i just want everything to go away I want it all to stop

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: I just don't know what to do - July 17th 2012, 11:36 AM

I know it's hard to express your feeling and especially to a complete stranger but the fact that you sought out help is a huge deal and that is a big step in the right direction, just keep going and eventually you might be comfortable enough to completely open up. I also understand that it sometimes hard to know how to put things into words and all I can say there is to keep trying! And writing down the things you like about yourself is a great idea. Just keep thinking, there has to be things that are great about you, even if you have to make up stuff thats ok too cuz eventually you will come to like it. is there anything about your personality? your looks? anything there has to be something you'll figure it out, I have faith in you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KallieGirl13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kallie

Re: I just don't know what to do - July 17th 2012, 01:32 PM

i know how it is for ur 1st therapist appt. it can feel like ur opening up to a complete stranger. i've been going to my therapist for 7 yrs now. things get better i promise

I cant really help as far as the cutting deal. but i can be here for u. pm me and i'll give u my contact info so i can help u

as of right now u may only be able to think of 1 thing tht u like but as time goes on and u start talkin to ur therapist more, u will be able to see more mayb try askin ur friends and family what they like about u tht is what helped me so much!

Be strong

Kallie Graves

~Love is a gift~

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: I just don't know what to do - July 17th 2012, 03:05 PM

I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. I understand what you are going through. Suicide is never the answer to your problems. I know you think that cutting yourself will help take away the pain, but it doesn't take away the pain; it only makes it worse.

Whenever you have the urge to cut yourself, distract yourself. You can find a list of distractions right here. Please don't kill yourself. Suicide is never the answer. You can find reasons to live right here.

Please stay strong and never give up hope.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LuxLisbon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katie

Re: I just don't know what to do - July 18th 2012, 11:51 AM

Thank you all for your responses and support.

Closed Thread