TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bubbi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

PLEASE HELP - July 17th 2012, 07:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi,

I am 17 years old girl who lives in Muscat, Oman. I am in need of desperate help. My dad is the most cruel and insensitive man that I have ever seen. He doesn't let me go see friends or anywhere. I have been depressed for almost a year now and nobody seems to care. I have suicidal thoughts everyday, but I have to be strong for my other siblings who are also emotionally hurt by my dads's behavior. He even threatens to kill us and not send me to college after my senior year. I have been trying to seek help, but every thing fails. I stay in my room 24/7. I am desperate so please help me I beg of you????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: PLEASE HELP - July 17th 2012, 07:16 PM

I am sorry that you are going through such a hard time right now. I think you need to call the police because your dad is threatening to kill you and is abusive, the police should be involved.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAnna Offline
Anna Banana
Average Joe

Name: Anna

Re: PLEASE HELP - July 17th 2012, 07:41 PM

Hey,
I'm sorry that things are hard right now, this sounds like an awful situation to be in! Just stay strong and hang in there a little longer. I agree with Cathy; you should get the police invovlved in this, then maybe they'll do something about it and realise that you're depressed and you'll get some good help and be on the road to recovery If you find telling the police too hard tell a trusted teacher, they might put you in touch with a counsellor and you can tell them about it and express yourself to them and they'll help you through it all You are not alone! Stay strong, lovely
Anna

I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone

Send a message via MSN to ForeverAnna  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: PLEASE HELP - July 17th 2012, 08:20 PM

Hi,

you are very young to carry the responsibility of taking care of yourself and your siblings... You need to talk abput this with someone who cares about your family as soon as possible, and explain the situation, someone u think would understand.

I don't know at all how is the law in Oman and if you could get protection from the social services or something like that, that's why I advice you to talk to someone you trust. A family member, a teacher, a friend or whoever. You don't have to go though this alone

(#5 (permalink)) Old
KallieGirl13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kallie

Re: PLEASE HELP - July 17th 2012, 10:00 PM

definately go to the police! my dad is the same way but instead of threating to kill me he will say stuff in front of me bout killing himself....

Good luck and remember we're always here for u <3

Kallie Graves

~Love is a gift~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Karley

Re: PLEASE HELP - July 25th 2012, 12:37 AM

Well suicide is not the answer... and ur dad shudnt threaten u he is ur father... just reoax and take a breath... tell someone in ur family how u feel...

Closed Thread