TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ab123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Unhappy Please read my life is over ;( I have nothing - July 18th 2012, 09:46 AM

I've been really depressed last few weeks and now my mom said she gonna have my cat put down cause it hisses at people and scratches the furniture. Ive had this cat for 5 years. I love my cat. She hates people but she not mean to me. She really nice cat she just wants to protect the house. I don't know if I can ever talk to my mom ever if she does this horrible thing. I feel like I'm gonna lose it and do something really bad . my life is so screwed up the only thing I care about is my cat.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maddiystic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Maddi

Re: Please read my life is over ;( I have nothing - July 18th 2012, 10:19 AM

Please don't end your life.

And that's not fair, putting a cat down for THAT! Alex, please try to talk to her-- that;s inhumane

Please, go onward. If you explain your love for your cat maybe she can reconsider.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Please read my life is over ;( I have nothing - July 18th 2012, 11:13 AM

There are things you can do to stop cats from scratching furniture. http://www.allourpets.com/feline/stop-scratching.shtml there are also sprays and stuff that you can buy to stop them from scratching. Maybe you could show your mum that website and ask her to give you a chance to train your cat not to scratch before she takes any action. If she really cannot deal with your cat, then you could try to persuade her to take the cat to a shelter rather than have it put down, because at least then you would know that you cat will be going to a safe place.
Also, have you tried counselling for the way you're feeling? It could help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Please read my life is over ;( I have nothing - July 18th 2012, 05:00 PM

Just like what the others have said, there are ways to stop your cat from doing that to your furniture. Please talk to your mother and ask her to give you a chance to train your cat to not hiss at people and scratch the furniture.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ab123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Re: Please read my life is over ;( I have nothing - July 19th 2012, 09:12 AM

The only defense my mom has is she old and can't take care of cat when I'm away at school. I think she only getting rid of it because my step dad hates cats. Nobody ik would take cat because they thinks she scary but she really a sweet cat who is very happy at my house with me. I'll never forgive her if she get rid of my first and favorite cat in the world. I think its too late to persuade my mom I'm stalled for months now idk how much longer I can. On top of this it's making all my other problems worse. I have a second cat that I convinced my mon to keep cause she very friendly and better behaved. Idk what to do anymore

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Karley

Re: Please read my life is over ;( I have nothing - July 25th 2012, 12:35 AM

Well the question is... have u told ur mom how u feel? And tht is wat cats do!!! I had the same situation... its a cat its natural insticts r 2 hiss and of course its gonna scratch the couch and suicide iw NEVER the answer

(#7 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Please read my life is over ;( I have nothing - July 26th 2012, 06:44 AM

Cats' personalities can usually be broken down into roughly 16 different archetypes. Humans, on the other hand are all totally unique and irreplaceable. If you mom is doing to/already has put down your cat, life is still worth living. You can get another cat one day, but no one can get a new you.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread