TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Stress - July 24th 2012, 08:31 PM

I need some help...

I need advice on how to cope with my current situation.

I've been getting really stressed over a lot of things lately, and quite depressed about it all. With certain things, like arguments with friends, I suddenly find myself going over the top. Shaking, crying, feeling sick and like I'm going to throw up constantly. Literally in my mind I just don't know what to do and then I start to worry about everything. Since I have issues with eating, I panic over the things that start to stress me out and think that I won't be able to eat and I will end up in hospital or being taken away and stuff. I also begin to worry about every other little thing that pops in my head, like ow I will be able to cope and get through things and life. It's an awful feeling, I just can't cope with it. Any help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
RoverGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Maz

Re: Stress - July 24th 2012, 11:18 PM

The best thing you can do is actually speak to a councillor or your GP. It's human nature to blow things out of proportions and work ourselves up over things, making ourselves worse. Don't put it off and don't talk yourself out of it. They're not going to go gossiping to your parents due to the confidentiality rules!

Small bit of advice, when you start to feel worried or stressed, close your eyes, take a deep breath and let it out slowly, count back from ten, take another deep breath then let it out slowly then count up to ten.

Focus on the numbers, picture them clearly in your head. That erases all other things from your mind and helps calm you down.

Also try writing down everything that's getting you worked up. It gets it out of your system and you can 'see' what's actually going on inside your mind.

Hope I've been of help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Stress - August 5th 2012, 05:40 AM

I'll pray for you.
- Collies R Us aka Ally

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

Closed Thread