TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
yoyobeerman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I am lost... - July 29th 2012, 10:04 PM

Hi, My name is Brendon novak. I am posting on this thread because I (as you may have guessed) am very depressed and borderline suicidal, I will start from the becoming. 4 years ago when I was 11 I moved away from my hometown of Wichita KS, this in itself was depressing to me. The fact that I was struggling with depression on and off from age 9 didn't help. I left behind two close friends when I left, Shay, and Jaedon. 2 years after that Shay died of cancer. I only got to see him once before he passed. I am the subject at of much bullshit at school, and a rumor that I'm gay is Bering passed around because I gave the kid nobody likes a chance at friendship. I am am atheist in a verry religious family with many religious friends, including the one in Wichita and I am afriad that if I tell them I might he shunned. And the only reason I wake up every morning is so I don't put my last renaming friend thaw pain I was caused l. But that motivation is wearing thin, help me...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: I am lost... - July 29th 2012, 10:22 PM

Hey there,

I am so sorry to hear that you're struggling right now and it sounds super tough to go through all of that. You're not alone and I really hope that things get better for you.

First of all, losing someone you care about can be extremely stressful and cause a lot of sadness, and it really sucks. I think you should try talking to a professional about what's been going on with the depression. Sometimes talking about what's happening can really help, because we can get ways to deal with it, plus it's always nice to have someone there to listen to you.

As for school and the rumors, I think you should try your best to ignore them, and I know it's easier said than done, I've been there, but it is the best option. Eventually if you ignore them and show them that they don't really matter, they'll stop. I'm sure you've heard the quote by Dr. Suess: "Those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind." I also suggest talking to the teachers about what's been going on. Spreading rumors about someone, can really hurt people and you deserve better than that. You can also try to stay in eyesight of the teachers as well, that way, if anything happens they'll see it and be able to do something about it.

I really hope that this helped, you can get through this, You're so strong and you've been through a lot, but your life is just beginning and yes there will be tough times that you go through, but they only make the good ones that much more rewarding in the end. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me. Good luck and take care!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Isibeal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I am lost... - July 29th 2012, 11:10 PM

Hey Brendon,

I saw your post and I hope I can at least help you see things can get better. I myself currently live in Wichita, I like it here too.

Alaska is right about talking to a professional about the loss of your friend. Especially since you feel that you can't talk to anyone else right now, your voice needs to be heard. And if anyone has told you differently, it's ok to feel emotions, especially those of sadness and loss. Too many people hold those emotions in and it only causes trouble within their lives later on.

As for bullying, it can be hard, I have dealt with my fair share and know how you may feel. Talking to a teacher may help, but in most school districts their hands are tied to what they can do. And honestly, they can only do so much. Ignore their calls and continue to be who you are, don't let them dictate that for you. Remember, it's your life, not theirs.

As for being atheist in a religious family, I can feel your pain. I'm not atheist but my views on religion are different as I question the reasoning behind having religion in the first place. You should speak to a professional about your religious views as well. I say this because you don't feel comfortable about informing your parents nor your peers. You do have a voice and should be able to speak out and let others know your view on life. You may come across people who will attack you, curse at you, and overall just disagree on your views, but that's the beauty of humanity. We're all different.

I hope this helped in any way and I hope that your future is bright!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
yoyobeerman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Red face Re: I am lost... - July 30th 2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isibeal View Post
Hey Brendon,

I saw your post and I hope I can at least help you see things can get better. I myself currently live in Wichita, I like it here too.

Alaska is right about talking to a professional about the loss of your friend. Especially since you feel that you can't talk to anyone else right now, your voice needs to be heard. And if anyone has told you differently, it's ok to feel emotions, especially those of sadness and loss. Too many people hold those emotions in and it only causes trouble within their lives later on.

As for bullying, it can be hard, I have dealt with my fair share and know how you may feel. Talking to a teacher may help, but in most school districts their hands are tied to what they can do. And honestly, they can only do so much. Ignore their calls and continue to be who you are, don't let them dictate that for you. Remember, it's your life, not theirs.

As for being atheist in a religious family, I can feel your pain. I'm not atheist but my views on religion are different as I question the reasoning behind having religion in the first place. You should speak to a professional about your religious views as well. I say this because you don't feel comfortable about informing your parents nor your peers. You do have a voice and should be able to speak out and let others know your view on life. You may come across people who will attack you, curse at you, and overall just disagree on your views, but that's the beauty of humanity. We're all different.

I hope this helped in any way and I hope that your future is bright!
Thank you for your reply Isibeal, and I admire that you took time out of your day to help me. But it's a complicated situation that I'm in, and it's not so easy to just see a professional. But thank you anyways, have a nice day...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
yoyobeerman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs up Re: I am lost... - July 30th 2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
Hey there,

I am so sorry to hear that you're struggling right now and it sounds super tough to go through all of that. You're not alone and I really hope that things get better for you.

First of all, losing someone you care about can be extremely stressful and cause a lot of sadness, and it really sucks. I think you should try talking to a professional about what's been going on with the depression. Sometimes talking about what's happening can really help, because we can get ways to deal with it, plus it's always nice to have someone there to listen to you.

As for school and the rumors, I think you should try your best to ignore them, and I know it's easier said than done, I've been there, but it is the best option. Eventually if you ignore them and show them that they don't really matter, they'll stop. I'm sure you've heard the quote by Dr. Suess: "Those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind." I also suggest talking to the teachers about what's been going on. Spreading rumors about someone, can really hurt people and you deserve better than that. You can also try to stay in eyesight of the teachers as well, that way, if anything happens they'll see it and be able to do something about it.

I really hope that this helped, you can get through this, You're so strong and you've been through a lot, but your life is just beginning and yes there will be tough times that you go through, but they only make the good ones that much more rewarding in the end. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me. Good luck and take care!
Thankyou so much Alaska, you gave me good advice, but I can't just seek a professional. It's a bit hard to explain, but thank you anyways. Lol your profile pic gave me a good laugh though.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Isibeal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I am lost... - July 30th 2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyobeerman View Post
Thank you for your reply Isibeal, and I admire that you took time out of your day to help me. But it's a complicated situation that I'm in, and it's not so easy to just see a professional. But thank you anyways, have a nice day...
How is it complicated? Isn't everything? I just feel that you don't want any help at this point and that's sad

I do hope you open up, keeping secrets isn't healthy, especially when it pertains about your family. And you're right, it's not so easy to just see a professional about stuff, you need to do something that will make a change in your life or nothing will change. You'll still get bullied, you'll still be ridiculed, and you'll be ignored. It's up to you if you want to change that or not.

I still encourage you to seek a professional if possible because simply talking with someone like that will lead you to living the life you choose. I hope you make good decisions and take care.

Isi

Closed Thread