TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
target123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i've lost it - August 16th 2012, 05:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ive lost it. i cant go on like this. i hate people and i cant live like this anymore. no one loves me and everybody is just interested in my helpfulness and not in my person. even you guys here are just posting to get your post count higher i dont care anymore about this..............

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: i've lost it - August 16th 2012, 05:32 PM

Hey there,

First of all I want to say that this response is in no way a selfish one. My post count is pretty high already and posting one extra reply doesn't make a huge difference and quite honestly it doesn't matter that much to me anyway. Some people may post for that reason, but a good majority of people will reply because they want to help you, myself being included in that majority. So don't dismiss this, because I honestly do care and want to help, or else I wouldn't take the time to write a decent length reply.

It's great that you're helpful to people, and I'm sorry that seems to be taken advantage of. I understand that would hurt, but perhaps it's time to take a step back and get yourself some support. It's all well and good doing your bit for everyone else, but people would most likely totally understand if you simply said that you weren't in a good place yourself so helping it a difficult thing for you to do. It's okay to say that and nobody will hate you for it. We all need our 'me time', so don't feel like you have to keep helping even when you aren't in the right frame of mind.

Personally, I have to say, I think your helpfulness is a part of your personality. It shows you care and you're there for others and that's an excellent quality to have. Not only should you think of it that way sometimes, but you should be proud of that. As I've said, you're allowed to take time away for yourself, you're entitled to it, but it;s an incredible thing to be able to say that you're good at helping people, you enjoy it, and you genuinely care. I for one, am very interested in that as a part of who you are, not just as a good deed you do.

Don't give up on everything because people take advantage of you and you feel like people don't care. People genuinely do. The ones who have treated you badly aren't worth your time and you don't deserve that. I can tell from what you've said that you're a lovely person and you deserve a lot more than this. Don't give up on life because a minority of people have been not so great. You have years of life ahead of you to meet people who will appreciate your willingness to help and will offer you the same support in return. I would recommend you talk to someone about how you feel. It could be that people don't understand, or are not aware, that you yourself are struggling too. Communication works, and not only will it give you extra support from people, but it will give you a way to get things off of your chest, which can seriously help make you feel lighter in a sense, which can enhance your mood and perspective on things.

I hope this has helped a bit. Remember that not everyone is the same, and your helpfulness is more than just a good deed. People are grateful for it, and people care about you and are thankful for the fact you care about them. If you ever need to talk, feel free to shoot me a PM at any time and I'll be happy to help.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Re: i've lost it - August 17th 2012, 12:05 AM

Hey there.
I'd like to start off with that not all of us (or any of us, I don't really know) just post here for the post count. Honestly, I don't even know what that is. I used to come here to vent, and I'm back to help as many people as I can.

It's absolutely lovely that you want to help people. And trust me, at the time, the person may not seem to be appreciating it. But they do, I assure you. Your words swim around in their head, but its not the only voice in their head (or else they wouldn't need the help!). It can be hard to follow someone's help immediately. And if they literally don't appreciate it, tough noodles for them! They are making their own lives hard.

I can't buy that nobody loves you. I don't know you personally, but you say you help people. And you sound like you are just going through a really tough time. I think there is good in people, but you have to work to bring that out. It's *easy* to be mean, but it's harder to go out of your way to help people, which I'm sure you've done.

Hun, if you didn't care, you wouldn't post here. It sounds like you really do want help. And if you ever need to vent or you need advice, or just a friend to talk to, always feel free to message me. I'll be here for you.

Head up, because people do love you <3
Abigail

Closed Thread