TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
withoutyou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

what the shit - September 6th 2012, 12:00 AM

OK this kind of fits here but IDK so move it if you want.

Anyway, I just switched schools and the teachers teach completely differently, and I swear I'm smarter than most of them. And they use a completely different brand of textbooks that are very weird to me and don't make any sense. They also used graphing calculators far earlier than they did in my old school so they assume everyone knows what they're doing, but I don't. I've tried asking for help and none of them seem to get where I'm coming from.

I don't know what the fuck is going on, how the fuck I'm supposed to not fail in my first week, and what the fuck I'm supposed to do. Does anyone have any advice or help to give?

Edit: this is the exact opposite of my other school. I was almost constantly understanding the material better than all of the rest of the class, but I had like one friend. My second day here and I have like 10 good friends already but don't understand what the fuck is going on. It's like a bad dream.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: what the shit - September 6th 2012, 01:11 AM

Hey there, I understand how different schools teach different ways. But, all you have to do is talk with your teachers and see if you can get some help before/after school to help you adjust easier.

Jay

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
iantsmyth Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what the shit - September 6th 2012, 05:00 AM

You need to go to your teachers after class and explain to them you need help being asserted into the new curriculum and new way of learning, as you feel you're falling behind. Staying in at lunch to catch up may be required here!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
withoutyou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what the shit - September 6th 2012, 11:29 PM

I told you I tried that and they don't help. They're not going to change the whole way they teach just because one person doesn't understand.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
withoutyou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what the shit - September 9th 2012, 11:37 PM

So it took 5 people to understand one question this morning. And the one that figured it out thought it was worded completely stupidly.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
leew Offline
Qualified Peer Mentor
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lee

Re: what the shit - September 10th 2012, 03:52 AM

Hello there,

I understand moving schools is BIG change in anyone's life and can lead to its difficulties and i'm sorry to hear that this is the case.

Talk to your parent/guardian about the situation and it could be an idea to have a meeting with the headteacher, you and your parent/guardian, and to discuss your situation over and see what they can do to help - they may be able to offer extra support for you

Hope it works out in the end

Last edited by leew; September 10th 2012 at 04:13 AM.

Closed Thread