TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
allisontedford Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel ugly and nobody understands me. - September 8th 2012, 09:24 PM

I feel ugly. I have ugly dark circles under my eyes and acne. I just wish people could understand how I feel. Nobody understands me. I wish I could look beautiful. I wish I could be confident and I just wish I could be happy. I just want to have friends! People probably don't like me because I'm insecure. And I understand that. Nobody wants to be with someone who doesn't like themselves. But I just want to be happy. I just want life to be normal.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: I feel ugly and nobody understands me. - September 8th 2012, 09:31 PM

What do you like about yourself? Like; Hair, personality traits, are you artistic (art work, writing, designing things, music, etc.).

You could write on sticky notes and place them somewhere you spend the most time in the morning, like a bathroom, your room, beside a dresser and just read them, it can boost your confidence and self-esteem and reminds you of what you are good at and what you like.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Re: I feel ugly and nobody understands me. - September 8th 2012, 11:34 PM

Hi darling.

I just want to say, you are not ugly. You're beautiful, and you sound like a lovely person (yes, it shows even though you didn't write too much).

Here's what you can do. Go in front of a mirror, and find three positive traits about yourself (physically). Do not move from that mirror until you find three things you like about yourself. It may be hard at first, but you will find them. They are there. You've just got to let yourself see them.

And hey, everyone is a bit insecure. You are not alone on that one, trust me. I'm not saying I know exactly what you feel, because I don't. I can't, actually. However I myself am insecure. Just think to yourself "I am a special snowflake. There is nobody out there that can be like me. So you know what? I'm going to be loud and proud. I may not be the best in everything, but I am the best me there is." You may not know it, but you have something that somebody out there wants.

As for acne, there is not much to do for that. Acne is caused by hormones, and (stupidly) it is caused by stress. How does that make sense? You get them because you're stress.. Which stressed you out more. That's so weird. But anyway, the most you can do is just wash your face regularly, and it will calm down.

Don't be too hard on yourself, love. Everything will work out, and I *really* hope you will see yourself how others see you soon. If you ever want/need to talk, my inbox is always open

Lots of love,
Abigail

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I feel ugly and nobody understands me. - September 9th 2012, 01:24 AM

I have a suggestion for helping tame your acne. I use makeup wipes and wipe every place where I have pimpls, usually they are reduced the next day. I still don't have clear skin but it's not that noticable, I usually wear a bit of foundation over the small bumps to make them nisappear But everyone's skin is different, certains things help, some make it worse. I'd say shop around and try a few different techniques for getting rid of acne and see what works the best.

Best of luck,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Karley

Re: I feel ugly and nobody understands me. - September 9th 2012, 09:43 PM

I will be your friend!!! Im always here for you and just cuz u have acne doesn't mean ur not beauitiful!!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!! Some of the prettiest girls in my school have acne some of the most insecure people in my school have a lot of friends!!! You are worth it!!! If you want you can email me at depressed.1999@yahoo.com I will reply as soon as I can!!!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: I feel ugly and nobody understands me. - September 9th 2012, 09:52 PM

Whoa, you are not ugly! Looks don't matter! I have acne, tons of it, it covers all of my face, i'm insecure about myself, yet i still cling to some friends. You are not alone! If you need a friend, I'm always here for you. And if you ever need to talk, just pm me. Kay?

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread