TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sweetasdeath Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: SweetAsDeath

Unhappy MY DAD WANTS TO HONOR KILL ME - September 17th 2012, 11:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I dont even know how to start this, I'm 20 yo living in a very religious Muslim family. My mum is Greek and the asshole ( dad) is a Palestinian, mum converted to Islam when she married him, hes obsessed with religious in the wrong way. He doesn't allow us do anything..I have been living in Greece all my life, he was very abusive used to hit mum and my siblings and me. He also used to mentally abuse us, we werent allowed to watch tv, radio, cell phones, talk to family, friends, internet, pcs or go out of course. Its been a living hell that no one can really understand if they havent lived it. He has done unspeakable things, some of them, he has stopped me from college he wanted me to marry a 38 yo man when I was 13, he has let hes friend sleep in the same room with me when I was 9 ( he was a pedophile) and many other stuff that I cant recall atm ( I'm shaking). Last year he made us move to Jordan ( Islamic country) so we did, but he works in Greece. To make the long story short, I met a bf hes my life I love him etc my brother found out about it and told my father so the asshole wanted to take as to Palestine more specifically Gaza, I refused and stuff but he threatens a lot. He stopped me from college and now i have to stay home all the time doing nothing btw i suffer from eating disorders and I can tell for sure Im not mentally stable, I cut etc. He told me today that i should leave home or he will get here in 2 days and honor kill me, I have no money and no place to go, no friends at all, i only have my bf whom family is same shit religious, I told my mum to help me and give me money to leave but she refused ( shes a bitch). I dont know what to do, telling the police wouldnt be a wise thing as here they police would call the father if the girl trying to run away, the embassy, I'm scared that may do nothing and seriously I dont wanna leave the country I wanna stay with my bf, but the situation is out of control
if u wanna know more about my shitty/depressing everyday situation u can read my daily posts thoughts.com/profile/sweetasdeath
  Send a message via Skype™ to sweetasdeath 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: MY DAD WANTS TO HONOR KILL ME - September 17th 2012, 11:49 PM

That's one helluva a mess.

I'm afraid I'm too far to do much, and there doesn't seem to be anyone who can help you at your end.
With the economic climate the way it is in your country, I also doubt whether the government will be any help.

I think you need to find out if your Dad's serious.
If you think he might be, you definitely need to get away.
And, I'm afraid, all I can suggest is that you might have to rely on people's charity for a bit, and try to push the government as much as possible to get help from them.

I truly wish you the best of luck.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: MY DAD WANTS TO HONOR KILL ME - September 18th 2012, 06:12 AM

Ok hun I am a Muslim and live in a religious family. But but EVERYTHING that he is doing is AGAINST the religion. Since you are citizen of Greece can the Greece gov't help you get away from your family. Maybe you can run away and go there and the Greek Embassy can send you back to Greece. You can always PM me if you wanna talk. But i just want you to know what he is doing has nothing to do with being religious!!!! Because what he is doing is wrong!! other thing is if the Greek gov't can't or won't help is there a women's safe shelter there. I know some Muslim countries do have it but I don't know much about Jordan.

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hjpwarwick Offline
hannah
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: MY DAD WANTS TO HONOR KILL ME - September 19th 2012, 12:39 PM

How long would your boyfriend be able to support you?
like i know his family is the same religion but does he live with them or what and are they just the same religion or the same as your dad?
plus what about engagement or marriadge would your dad let you move out with him then?
but i think it would eb a good idea to find out about local charity support shelters, and also the ability tomove back to greece as a citizien.
i knwo you may want to stay with your boyfriend but your life is worth a lot more.
keep posting info so we know your okay!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: MY DAD WANTS TO HONOR KILL ME - September 20th 2012, 06:05 AM

This is a terrible situation to be caught in, and I'll be rather honest here, and say, it doesn't look like there is much you can do given your Father's threats and the seriousness of his claims - I think it would be unwise to stay in the country which would be a total risk on your life, so I recommend making your way to a foreign embassy such as the United States, United Kingdom or Australia. Alternatively, you could seek asylum in the Greek Embassy in Jordan if you would prefer to return to your country of origin.

http://jordan.usembassy.gov/
http://ukinjordan.fco.gov.uk/en/
http://www.jordan.embassy.gov.au/aman/home.html

http://www.mfa.gr/en/blog/greece-bil...lations/jordan

The departments should be able to assist in offering protection and a way to apply for a foreign visa.

Closed Thread