TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Joe129 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Convince me - September 30th 2012, 11:22 PM

i'm 15 years old, sophomore in high school, never had a girlfriend (or any girl like/give a shit about me for that matter), i play football which i'm awful at and i wrestle which i'm slightly above average at, i smoke weed, i cut myself (pretty often now), my parents found out i smoke so i can't even talk to one of my best friends because he smokes, i'm completely despised by every girl at my school, if i like a girl it gets me blocked on facebook, the one girl who is nice to me (goes to a different school, no shit right?) and i really like her has a boyfriend now so were probably going to be just friends, i'm altogether completely and utterly sick of life. What better way to solve that problem than to kill myself. Give me at least 1 good reason why i shouldn't.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Re: Convince me - October 1st 2012, 12:03 AM

My good reason is that is gets better.

Mate, I have seen so many other people in this situation where they are going through a tough time and they are asking for a reason why they should hang on. So my reason to you would be that it gets better.

High school is perhaps one of the hardest times in your entire life and some people can be rather cruel during this time, especially with bullying and all this. But when you reach adulthood, when you graduate from school and start working et cetera, people become more respectful because they realise the consequences of their actiosn and what effect that has on people.

People in the real world won't despise you. Poeple in the real world won't block you on Facebook because they realise that that has an effect on people and it has conseqeunces. The real world won't be so blind but people your age, mate, are immature.

They don't understand that you are hurt by this and they just want to get a reaction from you. I have been bullied for over seven and a half years. It's better now but it went on for a long long time. I have met some of my "bullies" afterwards and they are much nicer, much more mature and much more against bullying.

One of the worst offenders was this girl called Sarah. She is in my year now and she is the sweetest girl now. She was a different person when she was taunting me way back in Grade Five.

It gets better and people are more respectful but by killing yourself, you never give yourself the chance to see a better day. You never give yourself the chance to change.

That's my reason.

Because suicide is a permanent solution to a TEMPORARY problem. Bad, I agree, but temporary.

IT
WILL
GET
BETTER.

Not "maybe", not "if you work hard", it WILL. But you have to be alive for that long.

H.

P.S. Don't expect of yourself. Getting rid of suicidal thoughts takes TIME and it takes effort and it ALSO takes assisstance. That's important. You can't expect to do this by yourself, you need assisstance from a councellor or whatever but you can't do it alone.

You need support.

That's where WE come in.

We support you, we're not professionals but we are here for you. PM me and the guys any time, we're here for you.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

Last edited by Amorphous.; October 1st 2012 at 12:09 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Convince me - October 2nd 2012, 12:51 PM

Hey there man, I agree entirely with Hamed above.

I know how it feels (obviously playing it opposite sexes this way though), okay, I'll tell you a story from this year, it has been going on for a while though. There is this guy, T, and he was such a rebel I sort of fell for him and then asked him out. Obviously he said hell no, started swearing at me and all this telling me I was ugly and fat and that no guy would want me (why would they anyway?) and he shot my self esteem to pieces and then when I got home I found out that his entire group blocked me on facebook. It was a few weeks later after every time seeing him he would scream at me, literally scream, that he would never go out with me. He asked me out. I was a joke, he knew I"d just broken up with my boyfriend and he asked me out. I said f you, I hate you and he's still going on. It's gotten to the point of him pushing me into a corner, his group around me and he tells me to get on my knees and he'd pull down his pants.

Sad to say, but both genders are at fault in high school. Yeah, we don't think about the consequences caused by our actions. Even I, I was this angry little brat during the hardest time of my life, bullied this kid really badly at school. I found out he'd killed himself because of me. I will always remember me standing over him and telling he was worthless, but what I really was doing, was telling myself. I was a little shit to him and then I thought on suicide, just remembering him now sends the spikes through my heart again. There was nothing wrong with him, it was misplaced anger.

But, you see? Girls can be real bitches, it has NOTHING to do with you. Most of the time we are just going through the motions, something happening at home so we take it out on who we can. Some girls bait guys and then when they realise that they've gone too far they block the guy on facebook and leave him alone.

Everyone does bad things, particularly around the teen years.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Empathy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chelsey

Re: Convince me - October 2nd 2012, 01:30 PM

Hello there,

High school is only a few years of your life and some of the very hardest years at that. Honestly, people are just mean. They seem to feel like they have something to prove to themselves and everyone during the high school years. You never know what the future may hold. Wouldn't you like to stick around and see? Please don't make such a huge decision based on a very short time in your life. Things will get better, you'll see.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anonymous

Re: Convince me - October 13th 2012, 04:05 AM

Because maybe you'll find a girl? Maybe not today but you'll find her in a week or 2? I'll hook you up..lol jk. no but why do they despise you so much? Don't kill yourself..I'm not sure if we have a life after this one..which I don't think it's true but idk..well you only live once as far as I'm concerned..don't waste that opportunity..there are people out there who are fighting to live and here you are thinking about suicide because you haven't found a girl..if you kill yourself you'll never find her:/X

Closed Thread