TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

killing myself - October 24th 2012, 04:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

dont worry about me anymore
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: killing myself - October 24th 2012, 10:42 AM

No Drew please don't! Hang in there! You are strong and you deserve to live!

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anonymous

Re: killing myself - October 24th 2012, 09:24 PM

What's wrong?Xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: killing myself - October 24th 2012, 09:29 PM

I really think that you should spend more of your efforts towards getting yourself some help. I see you in this forum quite frequently, and it's basically all the same. If you're hurting so bad you should get yourself help. You're worth it! The pain you're feeling isn't permanent. But if you want ANYTHING to get better- you have to make that effort. Because life isn't handed to us on a silver platter. I hate to sound hard, because I'm honestly not trying to. But you have a lot of people who care for you here. And we all really want to see you get better because you're kind. I've seen you around and you hold a lot of compassion. But it takes effort and time. There probably isn't anything more that I can tell you that you've not heard 1000 times previous to this. Hang in there<3 Keep fighting, k?

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Re: killing myself - October 25th 2012, 05:20 AM

my reason for living is gone
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: killing myself - October 25th 2012, 12:32 PM

Drew,no it is not you deserve to live you need to live. You helped me last night please let me help you stay strong Drew

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Name: Kandi

Re: killing myself - October 25th 2012, 12:41 PM

If your reason for leaving is gone, then find a real reason, one that wont leave. Don't base life on guys, girls, even family. Base it on making yourself the person you picture yourself being when you're happy.

No matter what, I am here for you.
  Send a message via Yahoo to FallingForGrace Send a message via Skype™ to FallingForGrace 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: killing myself - October 25th 2012, 05:02 PM

Okay. Prepare for some tough love. And I honestly don't spend the time tough loving on people if I don't care. So yeah.

First of all. Like I said. You need help. What are you doing to get yourself help? Because with every response you get- this is how you respond:

Quote:
my reason for living is gone
Quote:
i hate myself for burdening all of you
i love you all
i just cut...and i think its time to leave this world

sorry for being such a pain in the ass

u guys have been so wondeful...its not your fault that i have decided to die...no one here made me this way...

its my own fault
Quote:
my parents wouldnt be supportive if they knew...

mabye its time i wrote my note...and left this world

love you too

no one would notice
I have a real issue with this last part. You say no one would notice. Yeah.
On this thread you have 106 responses. And in this thread 139 response. You can't sit here and say that people don't care. Or that people wouldn't notice. Because it's so blatantly obvious that people would notice. People care about you. Because no one is going to put their efforts into helping you if they didn't care. I know you think people don't care in real life, but they do as well? Have you heard about the Amanda Todd story? She committed suicide, but now people who don't even know her feel for her and cried over her death. Not just three people, thousands. You have people that care.

About finding a reason to live? You ran out of reasons? Find another one. Keep fighting. Let me tell you the cold hard truth- No one is going to fight for you if you can't fight for yourself. Because you have to want it. You have to show people you're willing to change. So. what things are you interested in? What do you like to do? What makes you smile? Who do you have in your life? Do you have goals beyond dying? Think about those things and live for those. And you can't really tell me that there isn't anything to live for because there is. Everyone has a purpose in this world. You included. And if you can't find a reason to stick around- then your reason for living gets to be finding your purpose, by default.

What are you doing to get help? Are you talking to people in real life? While TeenHelp is meant to be a helpful and supportive community, we aren't meant to be long term help. And this is because we aren't trained professionals. We can't give you therapy like a real therapist would. We can't give you the meds that you might need. We can't do the things for you that a therapist could do. We are simply here to act as a support and encouragement towards you. Like I mentioned before- life isn't handed to you on a silver platter. If you want your life to be a certain way- then you control that. Only YOU can create the life you want to live. Not no one is responsible for you, except you. So it's time for you to take charge of your own life.

You mention the past in older threads. I know the past affects a lot of people, but the past is the past. There is a point in time where you need to move forward with your life. Because the future can't hurt as much as the past, right? Especially if you're in control of your future. You can't hold on to the past at the expense of your life. It isn't practical. If you can't work through the past- then you get yourself help. That's really all there is to it.

I don't want to sound rude in this at all. Remember tough love. But you continually say the same things over and over and over. And while we do care about you and want to help you, I don't see you doing things to correct your problems. If you want to feel better you have to make the effort. I don't know you all that well. So I'm not going to say that you make no effort. I'm just letting you know that you need to be the change you want to see. Because no one can do it for you.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Siren❤ Offline
Average Joe

Name: ILH♡

Re: killing myself - October 25th 2012, 05:20 PM

A lot of the posts here are right, you HAVE to stay strong and keep at it! You seem wonderful, and I can tell you're suffering... but you need to seek someone's help right now! It's amazing how much the help involved can actually help. It may be a lot of help, it may be little bits of help... but you need to get something. If things are that tough, I wouldn't just use this website as your port of call. As fabulous as the people are on here, they don't know you personally (maybe), but most of all, they aren't professionals.

I'm going through depression and suicidal feelings (occasionally) too, and all those related feelings of helplessness. I'm in the process of looking for more stuff to help 'sustain' me or something. Give me more hope, etc. Never give up. You need to keep fighting on. Tell someone you trust seriously how you feel, and ask them to help you get help... and if they don't. Seek it yourself. Seriously, it's what I've done more than once, and I don't regret it. Keep fighting on, okay? xo

Closed Thread