TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
entangledmind Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah
Location: the dark abiss of my mind. the only place left untouched by unwanted company

People really don't care I guess - November 5th 2012, 05:52 AM

I told three friends today I was suicidal. I finally thought I had friends to trust in and I was just disillusioning myself to think they didn't care.
Friend number one: Quite for the most part and would crack a joke here and there...
Friend number two: Told me how he had wanted to commit suicide and gave better reasons why he wanted to
Friend number three: She laughed and made a joke then walked away.
I feel hurt and broken.
Thanks guys... You had said you'd always be there for me when I needed you. But then why did you shrug me off when I was in tears telling you I might kill myself any day?
What would they do I wonder if they knew I was looking up means of suicide right now?
Laugh at me now why don't you?

I tell people i'm
tired. But in reality

i'm just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wU...C66B1A12A9745D

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Re: People really don't care I guess - November 5th 2012, 11:51 AM

Hi, Sarah =).

I hope you remember me, I commented on your other thread I WAS going to comment on yout other other thread but the servers went down and I had to go out to town as well. But I'm here now and I want to give you my support.

I am so so sorry for the experience of facing your friends' reactions when you told them how you felt. They don't deserve to be trusted with that sort of information and frankly I kind of find that reaction a little hard to understand.

But you know what it does mean?

It means that you were rbave eough to share that information, to get support support and to get help. Sharing suicidal thoughts takes a lot of bravery and courage, both online and believe me, it is REALLY gutsy in real life, even to friends.

It means you WANT to get help. It means that you want to get support and you have the bravery, courage and sheer willpower to do what it takes to get better. You shouldn't let that reaction get you down. It was bad, granted, it was really bad but it shouldn't make you give up.

Because it's a merit to you and your bravery and strength that you even told them that or even came close!

You're storng and when you told your friends how you felt and that you had suicidal thoughts, that PROVED it, regardless of the reaction.

You don't deserve that sort of reaction from your friends and I'm sorry you had to eperience that. It doesn't do you justice. You know what you're capable of, a HELLUVA lot.

Keep fighting, you're storng enough.

H.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: People really don't care I guess - November 5th 2012, 02:06 PM

Hi

I'm sorry you didn't get the response you wanted from your friends. I think you did a really brave thing to open up to them like you did. I know that was probably a really hard thing for you to do.

My thoughts?
Friend number one: Making jokes can be a way someone copes with a hard and awkward situation. I know I sometimes do this and my sister constantly does it. Sometimes people just don't know how to act or respond. A big part of me honestly believes that your friend does care but that she just heard something really hard to listen to and her way of coping with what you were saying, was to make little jokes.
Friend number two: Well, this friend seems in a pretty bad situation themselves. Sometimes we get so lost in our own world and own problems that just simply get so wrapped up in them and get to a point where we kind of become selfish (not always a bad thing) and therefore focus everything on ourselves.
Friend number three: This could be like friend number one. I'm honestly not sure. Maybe they just had their own thoughts which upset them about what you were saying, maybe they couldn't deal with it, maybe the just didn't know how to respond or how to help you.

I can understand that the way your friends reacted upset you but I still think you did really well to talk to them all. Maybe you could pick one of them to try and talk to again? I know that's going to scary for you to do so, but maybe they've now had time to think it over and they might respond differently. Or you could confront them on how they acted and how you made you feel. Think about it and try to come to what you think is the best way around this.

Keep smiling,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread