TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
entangledmind Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah
Location: the dark abiss of my mind. the only place left untouched by unwanted company

I'm just pathetic for being depressed - November 14th 2012, 02:33 AM

I feel like I don't deserve to be depressed. I see post by other people and see how much worse and harder their lives are compared to mine and I feel so pathetic and horrible for me being depressed, a cutter and suicidal...
I'm struggling with suicide this evening and I don't even know exactly why... I just feel so tired and fed up. And I'm angry with myself because on the outside I see a pretty okay life but I feel so emotionally fucked up.
Is it okay for me to feel down and depressed when other people are struggling with a much harder life then me? Am I just being a pathetic wuss?

I tell people i'm
tired. But in reality

i'm just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wU...C66B1A12A9745D

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I'm just pathetic for being depressed - November 14th 2012, 03:42 AM

Hi Sarah,

You don't deserve to be depressed, not because it's selfish, because you deserve so much better. Sarah, don't beat yourself up over this. Everyone feels this way at some point. You aren't pathetic, you're feeling out your emotions and everyone has to right to feel their emotions. Even though others may have a "harder life" doesn't make what you're struggling with any easier. It's still hard no matter what.

I'm here if you wanna talk to me on a bad day, or in a bad mood. Or anything, I'm here if you need me and I'll be all ears and will never judge. I understand how it feels to feel like you're selfish for being depressed. It's just the depression trying to turn it around on you.

You seem really sweet, you shouldn't have to hurt yourself and feel all these suicidal thoughts. I know things seem really bad and hard to handle right now but do us all a favor and please don't end your life. You got so many years ahead of you. Things will get better, they won't always be bad. If things can get so bad so quick then things can improve at anytime as well.
It'll all be okay. Just try to hang in there and hopefully with some support it'll be easier for you. <3 If you have to, there's bound to be suicide hotlines in your area.

Here are some self-harm alternatives you can try out.

You can also try taking up some hobbies to take your mind off things. Biking, drawing, music, painting, gaming, reading, tv shows and movies. Just a little something to lose yourself in, bad emotions I mean. Anything you like that takes your mind off things.

Good luck and stay strong, hun. <3 Pm/Vm me if you need anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
XxDreamerxX Offline
Reach Out and Touch a Dream
Not a n00b

Name: Cedric

Re: I'm just pathetic for being depressed - November 14th 2012, 04:13 AM

Oh dear,

First, i would like to say that your a wonderful person. No one wants to be depressed or even sad and it definitely isn't a privilege.. Heck, isn't the point of life to be happy? In the US, we even have it in our constitution! "Inalienable human rights.... Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

People cope in different ways and take things away from situations in different ways. A minor comment about weight may glance off one person's shoulders and cut deep into the next one's. I personally don't seem depressed in my outer appearance. I always act happy, dress happy, and pretend that nothing is wrong.

Inside, its a completely different story. I don't have any real reason to be this way. Its just how my mind and emotions work. I have a father that wants to be in my life, A mother that cares even with her flaws, An older brother that is my best friend, two other siblings that I may fight with but we still would stand up for each other in a moments notice.

Does that sound like I should be the way I am? Nope. It doesn't make sense. I still think about SH everyday and I still debate suicide. Its just a mental condition some people have to work though.

No matter whats happening in your life, you deserve to be happy. You deserve to live the best life possible. Its COMPLETELY "NORMAL" to be down some days! The real trick is to work your way out of it so you don't have to deal with it!

I'd like to remind you that there are many people on this board and in your offline life that care about you.

If you ever just need to let something out just come to TeenHelp!

Everything will be good in the end, if its not good, its not the end.

"Too many horns, man" - John

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I'm just pathetic for being depressed - November 14th 2012, 04:22 AM

Hey there gorgeous, you definiately don't fall under the category of selfish. Mainly because, everybody struggles differently, some manage their pain differently. Depression can strike those when they are at the top of their game, or at the lowest point of their lives.
Just because you haven't had the worst life, doesn't mean you don't have a right to struggle.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
entangledmind Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah
Location: the dark abiss of my mind. the only place left untouched by unwanted company

Re: I'm just pathetic for being depressed - November 14th 2012, 06:36 AM

Thank you everyone... that helps some

I tell people i'm
tired. But in reality

i'm just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wU...C66B1A12A9745D

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I'm just pathetic for being depressed - November 14th 2012, 06:48 AM

You're welcome, hun. Stay strong. <3