TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
entangledmind Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah
Location: the dark abiss of my mind. the only place left untouched by unwanted company

Points: 8,868, Level: 13 Points: 8,868, Level: 13 Points: 8,868, Level: 13

Lonely - November 14th 2012, 07:07 AM

I feel really lonely right now... Many of my friends ignore me when they find out something is wrong. Currently I only have two true friends and one of them is my boyfriend. However I am reluctant to share my problems because one of them deals with a lot of the same problems I have and worries about me to a fault when I tell him my problems. I don't want him worrying too much about me. (He has anxiety and stuff and I don't want to be a trigger for him)
And it's similar with my boyfriend. However with him I'm also reluctant to tell him because I have restriction about seeing/talking/communicating with him and I don't want to leave him off in a conversation where I'm broken. I've done that a couple of times leaving him worried about me all week. So now I barely share anything with him.
But these are my only two friends who've I've ever been able to trust. I have no physical person to open up to beside them. What should I do?

I tell people i'm
tired. But in reality

i'm just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wU...C66B1A12A9745D

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Lonely - November 14th 2012, 10:00 PM

Have you considered counseling? It is so hard not having anyone physically to speak with, however I found that counseling really help and my school had a licensed professional come to the school and we would get called out of study hall or home room to speak with her for free. I was able to talk to her about self harm without her alerting my parents, unless I was doing it a lot or more than usual or had a plan for suicide.

Also, I can understand not wanting to trigger your friend and not wanting to leave your boyfriend hanging on an important issue. However, one thing I do if I have a conversation that might be cut short is that I say, "Look, I need to talk but first I need you to know that I'm going to be okay, even though I don't really feel like it at the moment." Then continue to explain what is wrong.

Granted, if you are having suicidal thoughts, then this may not be true for you. But do let him know at least, "I feel pretty bad, but would rather spend this time talking to you about something else. But keep me in mind?" That way he knows something is up, and will keep you in his thoughts Might help you to think about that as well!

Also, any organizations, volunteer opportunities, or school groups or activities are options. I wish I had done more when I was in school! Provides more people to meet and talk to, and gives you things to do to find hobbies ,looks good for college and on resumes, and keeps you great distractions!
Closed Thread