TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sacreddemon1233 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayla
Location: At the end of the begining and at the start of the end.

Unhappy Help - November 14th 2012, 06:00 PM

I'm 13 I have depression, Suicidal thought, and post trumatic stress disorder. I really just want to end it all. I have confronted my mom about this but she won't believe me. I don't know what to do... I have recently asked her if I could go to the doctor to ask her for help but she - again - did not believe me. My mom should understand because she too has depression. I can't go to my father because my parents are divorced. My sister lives with my father so I can't ask her for help. I mean I asked her for help because she has gone through suicidal thoughts as well but when I did she told me it was just a phase and I would get over it. But now it's gotten worse. I recently started to cut myself, it hurts to laugh, I have to force a smile and a laugh just for my mom so she doesn't feel bad.... But inside I'm slowly growing even more sad... Some one please help...

Kayla

Last edited by Palmolive; November 14th 2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
poeticviolin88 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help - November 14th 2012, 06:27 PM

i have had the same issues of having people not understanding or listening... it sucks all i can say it try to do something to keep ur self occupied and ifthar still doesnt call a suicide call center.. i did many times dont be afraid to ask teachers at school for help or if you need to kieep ur self safe go too hospital they will always help.. i hopeyou start feeling better and can get adult to help u

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Help - November 14th 2012, 08:27 PM

Hi there Kayla.

I'm sorry that things are hard for you right now. It's really great that you've come to us here for some help and advice.

I think it's brilliant that you've tried talking to your mum. I am sorry that she hasn't seemed to have understood but I still think you did a really brave thing my talking to her. However, I don't think just because your mum isn't being supportive, that you shouldn't get help. I know it would be lovely to have her support and hopefully, she'll begin to be there for you but I think now, you need to think about yourself and speak out anyway. Have you thought about seeing your doctor?Where I live you can see them on your own at thirteen, I assume that's the same everywhere but I might be wrong. You could also talk to a teacher at school or a school nurse/counsellor. These people can help you and its okay for you to go to them.

From what you've said, it sounds like you don't have any help from anyone at all and therefore I am wondering whether you have actually been diagnosed with PTSD and depression since these can only be diagnosed my a medical professional. We can't diagnose you here either, but you can see a doctor who might be able to refer you onto a psychiatrist who will be able to do an assessment (which may take weeks or months) who will be able to diagnose you. If you see your doctor, he/see may be able to refer you onto a mental health team to have counselling/therapy too but you can also look into organisations in your area and you can also do it through private agencies. However, some will ask for parental permissions since you're only thirteen but you should be able to see the school one without having parents permission.

I really think you need to seek support especially if this has been going on long-term.

Can I ask what it was that made you think about cutting yourself for the first time? What do you feel you get out of self harm? I know some people use it as a form of punishment for example and I am wondering why you use it. Try using distractions when you have the urges to hurt yourself but remember not everything is going to work and its all about trial and error. Its incredibly important that you don't give up on everything, when something doesn't work.

You can do this so keep on fighting and don't be alone. :-)

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
sacreddemon1233 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayla
Location: At the end of the begining and at the start of the end.

Re: Help - November 14th 2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
Hi there Kayla.

I'm sorry that things are hard for you right now. It's really great that you've come to us here for some help and advice.

I think it's brilliant that you've tried talking to your mum. I am sorry that she hasn't seemed to have understood but I still think you did a really brave thing my talking to her. However, I don't think just because your mum isn't being supportive, that you shouldn't get help. I know it would be lovely to have her support and hopefully, she'll begin to be there for you but I think now, you need to think about yourself and speak out anyway. Have you thought about seeing your doctor?Where I live you can see them on your own at thirteen, I assume that's the same everywhere but I might be wrong. You could also talk to a teacher at school or a school nurse/counsellor. These people can help you and its okay for you to go to them.

From what you've said, it sounds like you don't have any help from anyone at all and therefore I am wondering whether you have actually been diagnosed with PTSD and depression since these can only be diagnosed my a medical professional. We can't diagnose you here either, but you can see a doctor who might be able to refer you onto a psychiatrist who will be able to do an assessment (which may take weeks or months) who will be able to diagnose you. If you see your doctor, he/see may be able to refer you onto a mental health team to have counselling/therapy too but you can also look into organisations in your area and you can also do it through private agencies. However, some will ask for parental permissions since you're only thirteen but you should be able to see the school one without having parents permission.

I really think you need to seek support especially if this has been going on long-term.

Can I ask what it was that made you think about cutting yourself for the first time? What do you feel you get out of self harm? I know some people use it as a form of punishment for example and I am wondering why you use it. Try using distractions when you have the urges to hurt yourself but remember not everything is going to work and its all about trial and error. Its incredibly important that you don't give up on everything, when something doesn't work.

You can do this so keep on fighting and don't be alone. :-)

I have been diagnosed with both major depression and PTSD. The reason I cut myself for the first time was because, my mom and I had gotten into a fight and I felt bad so I punished myself. I feel as though I get peace out of self harm. Another thing that I forgot to mention was I'm homeschooled and it's really hard for me to do certain things like go to my doctor to get help becasue her and my mom are good friends.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Help - November 14th 2012, 09:47 PM

Hey there,

don't be hesitant to get help. I tried reaching out to friends when I was heavily self-harming and had major suicidal intentions, ending with an attempt, but nobody listened. Don't let it get to the stage where you just wanna say screw it.Set up that border, and don't let yourself fall over it. Go to a friend or her parents, they could help you if your mother isn't willing to listen. Talking it out can be the best thing for you, so feel free to shoot me a message if you ever feel really bad

You're gorgeous, you're amazing, don't you EVER forget that!

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread