TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueRose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

It's hard - November 23rd 2012, 03:11 AM

I have those times where I just don't know what to do with myself. I've been through so much pain and sorrow to the point where I'm afraid of the future. I'm tired of feeling so numb. Medications seem to be working but not sure if they're making me feel this way...But anxiety is what I go through everyday...makes me feel really worthless, it's really overwhelming. Tired of it. The fact that depression is something hard to deal with. Sometimes I have the urge to cut but can't since I'm on self-harm watch. I just feel so lonely... no body around to talk to. So I really don't know what to do with myself... there's so much to say...but rather not say...I've tried to kill my pain but it turns out that bringing more. I just want to CUT, I feel really alone and cold here, but I don't want to die!

Where has my heart gone?
Trapped in the eyes of a stranger...
Oh I, I want to go back to believing in everything...

Last edited by Palmolive; November 23rd 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tarrant Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: It's hard - November 23rd 2012, 11:22 AM

Maybe there is something wrong with this feeling
I know someone in similar situation, and she find help in book Mrs Wanda Pratnicka 'Possessed by Ghosts'
I recomend her, i think she might help you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: It's hard - November 23rd 2012, 09:36 PM

Hi there.

I'm sorry things are rough for you right now and that you're struggling with your mood and anxiety. Its great you've come here for some help though. You say you're on medication but that you're not sure if it's working, is that right? Medications can take several weeks to start working properly so if you haven't been on it long, it's important to give it some to to kick in and start working. On the other hand, if you have been on it for a long time and you feel it isn't working, it might be worth talking to the person who prescribed you the medication. Everyone reacts differently to different meds and it may be that your dose needs changing or that this medication just isn't the right one and you need to go on a different one.

Also here is a link to teenhelps list of alternatives. You can go through some of these when you're having urges to harm yourself or even just when you're feeling a little down to try and distract yourself. Not everything is going to help you so it's important you don't give up and that you keep on trying new and different things. I guess you could say it's going to be a bit of a trial and error process to start with but don't let go of hope, okay?

Do you have anyone to talk too? I mean we're always here for you to support you as best as we can but sometimes it's really good and helpful to have someone in our "real lives" whom we can talk to face to face. This could be a family member, a friend, a teacher, a school nurse/counsellor or even a doctor. All of these people are there to help you and to try and support you so don't be afraid t let them in and to let them help you. You don't have to be alone in this.

I hope this helps a little. Take good care of yourself.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread