TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Having a random low moment. - November 26th 2012, 09:41 AM

I'm just feeling low for no reason at the moment.

My day today is: sixth form (not too much work to do there - it's all being marked), then I'm having a doctors appointment about depression medication, I'm going to feel even worse if they refuse to even consider it.

The tomorrow I have to go to a work experience placement which gave me some really hard critisim last Thursday (they didn't even tell me, they told my teacher) and I don't even like the placement. I have to work there for 9 hours and with an hours lunch break.

And I'm there Wednesday (5 1/2 hours) and Thursday (6 hours, I think) and then I'm back in sixth form on Friday, still doing no work because it's all being marked. I've got this pattern for another two weeks.

And then I'm at sixth form on Monday and Friday, but in Liverpool from Tuesday-Thursday the week after. But I can't even think that far yet.

I don't know why I feel depressed.
RosieJ

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Having a random low moment. - November 26th 2012, 03:05 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you feel so bad right now. Has anything happened, even if it's small and seemingly trivial, which could have led you to feel depressed right now?

It sounds like things are pretty busy right now. Perhaps you're a bit overwhelmed by it all and need a break. When I feel down, I find it sometimes helps to take a step back for a while and do something I enjoy, such as speak to a friend or meet up with some people, even if it's just for a couple of hours one day. I know there's a lot to do right now, but maybe it would help you if you took some time to do something you enjoy. What you have going on right now doesn't seem very fun to me, so you never know!

Try doing some exercise too! I know motivation might be on a low if you're not feeling all that, but exercise is supposed to help keep your mood up. Maybe you could go for a walk or a jog, or even just a kick about in the park or a bike ride. Get some fresh air into your lungs and focus on that for a while, it may help to lift your spirits a bit. If this doesn't sound too good, maybe you could watch a film you find funny or a TV show you enjoy. This way you'll be doing something you find fun which may take your mind off of the appointment you have coming up.

In terms of that, don't worry too much! The doctor will only do that he/she thinks will help you. If it doesn't, go back and don't be afraid to pester them until they help more. This is about you, after all, and if their current processes aren't helping, let them know! IF they refuse to consider it, maybe talk to them about it at some point. Arrange a meeting to tell them how bad things are so that they can make the appropriate decision. IF they feel, for now, you don't need it, maybe try some other ways to cope, but if they don't work, like I said, tell them and keep trying.

Keep your chin up, okay? It will pass and things will get better.
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread