TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pants Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anna

I relapsed. - December 9th 2012, 10:59 PM

I live in a new city. I've been here for two months now, but since I haven't been able to find a job and I'm not in college, it's been extremely hard to make friends. It was fine for a while, because I had my roommate and my boyfriend. But my roommate left the state for a while, so I've been completely alone. My boyfriend's dad passed away a little over a week ago, so understandably he is emotional and sad and I haven't seen much of him.

He asked me before not to shut him out. Told me that that's what would hurt him the most. But I've been trying and trying to tell him lately how depressed I've been, how terrified and anxious and so, so sad. And last night, I relapsed - I haven't SHed since I was sent to the hospital in February, but now it's started again.

I tried telling him that I know he's going through a really, really difficult time and I'm trying hard not to be needy, but sometimes I need him too. And his response was that he's not in a place that he can be relied on and his family needs to come first. Which is fair. But where does that leave me?

I have no one here. And it's not fair to tell people far away what's going on because they'll panic because they know how serious my depression can be (I've been hospitalized twice for it). I'm lost and scared and hurting so much and I don't know where to turn.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pinka_Swirls Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beth

Re: I relapsed. - December 10th 2012, 02:05 AM

Hello Anna,

Moving to a new place is scary and can be very lonely. When I was 22 I did the same thing. Its to bad about what happened to your bf. What I would do is if you are lonely try telling your bf that you just want to hang out, even if its listening to music together or watching a movie. You don't have to talk about anything.
Have you started to look for a job? Even if its something part time at a local diner or the mall in your area, you might not be so lonely knowing you have a job to go to. The anxious and terrified feeling you have, believe me everyone gets that at some point in their life.
What are you into? Drawing, reading, writing, you can probably find somewhere to volunteer your time before you get a job, that helps as well. I've become friends with lots of people through volunteering.
Don't think of your relapse as bad, you have come on here telling people that's very courageous of you and I think you have it in you to wake up each day, smile and quietly say today is a new day, I can do this

Beth

Live, Laugh, Love

Don't Let Your Character Change Color With Your Environment, Find Out Who You Are And Let It Stay It's True Color - Rachel Scott

Closed Thread