TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Never Getting Over It - December 17th 2012, 05:37 PM

This whole years seems to just be going to hell, and in the last couple of months and weeks It just seems to be getting worse. I feel like I have some many issues there not even my problem itís the stupid people in my bloody family and friends problems.

At the beginning of the year my best friend started dating a boy out our school whom she never spoke to the whole time we were there he just suddenly started talking to her on facebook which one of my other friends told me that he was talking to other people the some way and they basically told him to piss off. Well anyway me and a different friend saw him in Sutton, not doing anything wrong to which I texted her that I saw him and she told me he was at home and to take a picture like she doesnít believe me. I then went out with her a while later still a bit angry about what happened and we spoke about it and she basically said that she doesnít believe anyone (Which annoyed me because it was kinda saying how I was lying or that she believed him over her. I cant believe that im am still friends with her I have helped her though a lot and this is how she repays me she doesnít even talk to me anymore and when she does it my fault that were not talking. Iím going to write her a letter about it should I do this before or after Christmas?

The second is my sister boyfriend, he can be the nicest person in the world when he wants to be. For the past month he has basically bitched about my family and his over friends and then licks there arses but when he see someone else doing it there all tools. A family member of my sells some drugs I know its wrong and I donít do anything but my sister does and my cousin helps her out when he can anyway when he cant give them any he gets the hump and say how he cant come round here anymore and throws a strop it isnít even his house plus they both owe him money. Her boyfriend says how he doesnít need any weed but then he doesnít get any he get nasty and act like a child says how he is going to leave my sister. When my cousin isnít around he will bitch about him even if he has just done them a favour. Its frustrating because when I say something my opinion doesnít count because I donít know anything about it. Bitch please im not an idiot!!

Iím not looking forward to Christmas because when Iím at my mums as I feel like I get blanked when her boyfriend is there and when im at my dads he always stressed and my sister and her boyfriend annoy the hell out of me. I cant stand it anymore. I havenít cut in a while but I know im going to relapse over Christmas I always do I just want to give up!! I donít want to live anymore defiantly not with another Christmas like this.

I just donít know what to do

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

ďMan cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.Ē -Andre Gide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HighHopes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jodie

Re: Never Getting Over It - December 17th 2012, 05:59 PM

Hey Billie,

For your friend, I suggest writing the letter after Christmas - maybe jot things down over Christmas - and then send it to her in the new year. Make sure you write down everything and get it all off of your chest. Be clear with her and say exactly what happened and what you would like to happen now - would you like to rebuild your friendship with her?

And for your sister's boyfriend, maybe to talk your mum or dad, or even your sister or him about this. If not, then maybe try to avoid him when he gets too annoying, or try to have someone else round when he is there - maybe you could do that with one of your friends? If he says that your opinion doesn't count, then maybe refrain from saying it, or ask what's going on and then give your opinion - at least that way he can't say you don't know!

Try as hard as you can not to relapse!! How long have you gone without self-harm? I bet you can last until the new year! Focus on doing some school work over the holidays or seeing your friends and going out - not just on family. Maybe speak to some old friends, or your mates or even your crush! (If you have one, that is!)

Remember, there is ALWAYS a reason to live!!! Even if you have to look past all the crap stuff to find it, there is one! Try and think of a time when you were happy. What was your life like? How much has it changed? It there anything from the past that you can bring into the present? Like maybe watching a tv series in bed after waking up on a weekend makes you feel happy - try to find another tv series to watch. Try to go out with friends and distract yourself from these thoughts. Maybe call a hotline (I think there's some on here - I'm new, so I'm not sure ) or go to your doctors about it?

Chin up and PM/VM me if you need to talk to anyone about anything!! Seriously! Don't give up! I'm happy to talk to you, if you want me to!

See you around!
HighHopes

Closed Thread