TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Enjo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel as if my life is going to waste - January 29th 2013, 11:20 PM

I'll start off saying I'm 16. I've felt lonely and depressed for a while now, trying to make new friends and get on with life to overcome it. I'm losing friends, starting to lose track of my life, and lost what I've loved. I've tried new things, it just isn't the same to me. I got my varsity letter in Wrestling as a freshman last year, I don't wrestle this year because of too many home problems. I explained to the coach what was going on, he told me he was disappointed to hear that but he recommended me to think it over. I did but I still chose to quit. I desperately want to do it again next season, I talked to him today about restarting with some offseason stuff and such. He told me he believes I'm a good kid and thinks I can do more with myself. He tried explaining he was disappointed to see me give up and let an emotion take control of my life and choose what I do. He also said nothing in my life is going to be into place in my life until I take it myself and do what I want to do. I have a major problem with this, I've always struggled with being able to do what I want. I tend to do what others want, or choose something else over me. My stepdad keeps trying to tell me not to go back until the season starts and do it his way, I don't want to. I want to do something I want to actually do for once but I'm afraid of his reaction towards it. My coach told me to come back later and talk to him about it, I'm hoping he'll allow me to wrestle again. I don't know what to do, I'm lost and feel empty inside.

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life."

- Rocky Balboa

"The man with no imagination has no wings."

- Muhammad Ali

"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."

- Eminem

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pinka_Swirls Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beth

Re: I feel as if my life is going to waste - January 30th 2013, 01:51 AM

Hello,

I can tell by your post on here that you seem like a generally good person. You also think of others and how they will feel, which makes you compassionate Those are good things to have an can sometimes be hard to find in the world.
That being said...Go for your passion! I'm slightly older then you, I graduated from high school...waybackin2003....anyways...I was passionate about writing. I joined the yearbook, the school newspaper and the creative writing team. In grade 11, I became depressed, lost interest in everything, lost friends, and gave up writing. I regret it to this day that I gave up writing...my advice is to go for it. You have your coach in your corner, he obviously sees something in you. Perhaps that's why he was disappointed because he sees something in you, and although i don't know how long he's been a coach he probably saw lots of people give up.
As for your step fathers reaction...Tell him that wrestling is your passion. its what makes you happy, everyone deserves happiness. Also you are 16, in my humble opinion he cant really tell you what to do with YOUR life. You won't be interfering with his if you wrestle.
I know that whatever you decide will be best for you and only YOU.
Take Care

Beth

Live, Laugh, Love

Don't Let Your Character Change Color With Your Environment, Find Out Who You Are And Let It Stay It's True Color - Rachel Scott

Closed Thread