TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
yup. Offline
sometimesIwonder...
Welcome me, I'm new!

im literally going insane in this house... - February 22nd 2013, 05:10 PM

so im homeschooled. im always home stuck with my demanding and ignorant mother and my psyco little brothers. everytime i try to talk to them it seems like im just wasting my time. they think im crazy and have and additude problem but they arent even listening. no one listens. i moved away from the BEST house ever like a year ago and my friends stopped talking to me because they didnt want to try. nobody wants to try but me and in result i have no one to talk to. the last time i tried to talk to my mom she started yelling at me and made it all about her as usual. how am i supposed to talk about how i feel and get someone to help me before i start cutting again when nothing i say matters?? i cant and i just want to scream and see if anyone will really care...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MichaelJackson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chris

Re: im literally going insane in this house... - February 22nd 2013, 07:47 PM

Sorry about what your going through! People do care and want to help such as members of TeenHelp. I can relate somewhat to what your going through. I moved from an amazing house and I've lost a lot of my friends. TeenHelp and trying to find kids my age in the area (hard when you live in the woods) really helped make me happy. Depending on how long this is going on maybe your mom's under a lot of stress? My mom was after we moved. I hope I helped you out some. Message me if you have any questions!

My names Chris! Glad to help and feel free to send a friend invite!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: im literally going insane in this house... - February 22nd 2013, 08:46 PM

Hi, Serenity!

I'm really sorry about all that because sadly, I can relate so much. I'm home-schooled and don't know anyone around here.

I agree with Chris's thought, maybe your mom could be under a bit of stress? After we moved two times, before moving and afterwards she was more stressed out than usual. I'm often trapped in the house too so I understand what you're going through. I do things to distract me from being lonely. Like... Listen to music, go biking, watch TV/movies, edit pictures, play games, play games online with others (it can be fun to have a friend to play games with every now n' then, something to look forward to). I draw, paint, read, go for walks when I'm allowed, cuddle with pets, I volunteer on this site. It can really help to help others out and just being on here to talk with others can fill a couple lonely spots.

How about asking your mother to bake cookies or something with you? Have her teach you to make a recipe? Some bonding time may help you two get a little closer and in a better mood. She might be flattered you want her to teach you as well.

Another thing I must suggest, I know how difficult it is when people just won't listen. How about sitting your mother down, explain it's important and you just need her to simply listen. And if she doesn't, an E-Mail/Text or letter would be great because you can explain everything and send/leave the note and it's done, all she has to do is read it.

I want you to know that things do get better. Congrats on not Self-Harming lately, you seem like a very strong person. Think of life in the future, being able to get out more and feeling free. That feeling has gotta be worth the wait. You can PM/VM me anytime if you need someone to talk to. c:

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread