TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Depression - April 21st 2013, 01:48 PM

Im a depressed Guile.

I feel like I was born in the wrong time period. I look at the past and see so many wonderful things, people were more respectful, society was more modest, everything was simpler, and life was slower. I don't feel happy now, I don't like where the world is heading, and I don't like how people act or dress. Everything is so crude, I can't turn on the TV without seeing some half naked woman, or someone dropping the f-bomb. I know the past wasn't perfect, and I know I are the best of it and I'm looking at it with rose colored glasses. I just like that naive happiness and simple life, basically think The Sound of Music.

I'm also sad because I miss my girlfriend (LDR right now) and really love her, but as a male, I have, certain feelings (you know). She isn't really ready for anything (we've been together for about a year) and I don't want to pressure her because I want it to be a special thing, but at the same time, I have needs. I know she feels like she isn't making me happy sometimes because if this, and I try to tell her that it's okay and that I don't want her to do something just because I want to. Not to sound stupid, but is there any way to just get rid of my sex drive basically? It's really making a wedge, and I don't want this to be something to feel bad about between us. My sex drive isn't "out of control" by any means, I don't think it's odd or absurd to want to be sexually involved with my girlfriend of a year, and it's not like it's a constant need, I don't have a sex addiction or anything, I just don't want my girlfriend to feel pressured, but I don't want to be, you know.

tl;dr
I wish I was born in the 20s
How do I stop wanting sex

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
liddy Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lydia

Re: Depression - April 21st 2013, 03:48 PM

try focusing on the good things not just the bad , good things happen in the future as well as the past, and maybe if you talk to her about it ,it will help that is not necessarily pressureiseing and she might feel the same xxxhope things get better pm me if you need to talk

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Depression - April 23rd 2013, 03:52 AM

We have talked, I still need advice.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Depression - April 24th 2013, 06:27 AM

Hi there!

I understand what you mean so much. I was raised not to use cuss words and it honestly saddens me when I see people on tv/movies and on the net using the f-word casually. And how women are half-naked. I so get why this saddens you. I thought I was alone in this thought. But you know, things weren't all perfect back then just like they aren't right now. There's still good things in this time period, like love, friendship, relationships, we still have that. The fact that people still wanna help others, there's still kindness in this world. There's still good people out there.

Feeling sad right now? Well I suppose you could do things that make you happy and that you enjoy. Maybe you could even try new things, take up new hobbies. Sometimes simply having other things to do and look forward to can really brighten your day. Listen to music, play games, go for walks. Maybe you could also talk to your girlfriend about how you're feeling depressed. Or family members/friends. Simply having someone to open up to can make a lot of difference.

I understand wanting to have a sexual relationship with your girlfriend to be closer to her and I'm glad you don't wanna pressure her. That could scare her off so it's best to be understanding and patient till you're both ready. I think you should let her know about this, and tell her that you're willing to wait till she's ready. In the meantime, your sex drive is there. There's really nothing to do about that except masturbation when you feel the need to have sex.

Hope this helped!

Closed Thread