TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
beautifulme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question my inner demons - August 21st 2013, 02:56 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I hope I can explain. Ok, so since I was younger I have been fighting with depression and suicidal thoughts. However lately I have gotten amazing treatment and support system. So I family got put in a good foster home and all is fairly good, but I can't seem to shake these reoccurring thoughts of suicide and their getting stronger. I don't want to tell any loved ones, because I want them to think I'm good now or worry them. I just don't want to go through this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: my inner demons - August 21st 2013, 04:18 AM

Hey beautifulme,

Sorry things are so rough right now. It's great that you've gotten as far as you have with this. That's something to be proud of.

The thing about loved ones, is they generally WANT to know when something is bothering you like this, they WANT to know when you need help. Because, it's actually more painful to find out later, than for you to tell them that you need help. No one LIKES hearing that their friend or family member is in crisis, but they'd much prefer it to not knowing at all. That's part of why these roles exist -- to provide support, but they can only do that if they know you NEED the support.

Another thing...you titled the thread "my inner demons". In some ways, that's a valid assessment of what these feelings represent. BUT, as a very good friend of mine has explained, it sometimes is much more productive to just be kind to yourself and not think of your feelings or your body as your enemy. If someone else feels like crap, you give them compassion and help them...that's the most kind, polite, and productive thing to do. You deserve to do the same for yourself.

Take care, and I hope things get better.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: my inner demons - August 22nd 2013, 05:45 AM

Hey there, as Chris said your loved ones will want to know that's somethings bothering. It's not always easy to admit to someone that you love that something is wrong though. I know how that is because I had to admit to my mom about my depression and self harm issues, but in the end she loves me and understood. She suggested some help for me, and helped me through a lot of it. If you're feeling this way you need to let your foster family know, they're there to support you through good or bad and I bet will have ways to help you. If you ever need someone to talk to my VMs or PMs are always open day or night. Stay strong and know that suicide is not the answer! <3

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

Closed Thread