TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pyromania Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ?

Points: 8,550, Level: 13 Points: 8,550, Level: 13 Points: 8,550, Level: 13

Question I'm lonely. - October 12th 2013, 09:43 PM

I'm just...really, really lonely. It's not necessarily a bad feeling, it's more like I'm just 'not' feeling at all. Kinda hard to describe. I feel empty, but like I said before, it's not a bad empty, it's just empty. Sometimes it's bad, though, but these episodes never last. I have friends, I have a family who love me, I have a dog, I live a pretty damn comfy life compared to most and yet I still feel lonely. I feel as if I'm the only person in the world and that other people aren't really there, if that makes sense. Like I'm the main character in a world full of NPCs if you want to put it like that. What can I do about this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: I'm lonely. - October 13th 2013, 06:52 PM

I know exactly what you mean with this loneliness that you've explained. I felt similar a while back and it was why in a way I joined this site, I just wanted to feel less alone and feel like I'm a part of something. Being a part of something can make us feel so much less lonely, it helps fill that void that so many people can't seem to fill. Have you talked to anyone about how you're feeling such as a family member or a close friend? If you haven't then it may be a good idea to because they can help to understand you better and maybe even work towards making you feel less lonely. Sometimes even chatting to someone online is a great relief. Although people online aren't there for us every minute ofthe say it does help those feelings of loneliness go away and it can be a great comfort, especially if you meet someone who you really enjoy talking to. So many people online can be such good fun and if you meet someone who shares very similar interests to you, you can be there for such a long time having conversations about so many things that interest you both.

Do you have much free time? If you have some then it might also be good to try joining a group where th people in the group share the same interests as you do. If you like writing, join a writing group, if you like sports, join a sports group. The more you chat to people the less lonely you'll be. It might not help to completely fill that gap for a while but it's certainly a start!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount8

Edit avatar

Re: I'm lonely. - October 16th 2013, 10:15 AM

Hey!

What about immersing myself in stuff. Such as TV shows and stuff, watch movies, play games, read, listen to music. Sorry I can't offer more advice. Secondly, can you talk to a family member or friend about this? Sometimes it helps simply opening up.

Last edited by DeletedAccount8; October 17th 2013 at 01:10 AM.
Closed Thread