TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Points: 9,604, Level: 14 Points: 9,604, Level: 14 Points: 9,604, Level: 14

I feel empty - mentions self harm - January 25th 2014, 01:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey ,

I am finding it harder and harder to deal with the server depression and hearing the voices. My mood is up and down like a rollercoaster. I don't know how feel at the moment I just feel empty my body is draining from the server depression, hearing the voices, self harm etc.

I have been having really strong thoughts on self harming and ended up listening to the voices and ended up OD again few days ago. I just want to be happy again.

Sorry for posting this I just feel so useless at the moment.

Love From Meera xx

"Never forget what you are,the rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I feel empty - mentions self harm - January 26th 2014, 01:00 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling but I want you to know that you can work on getting to a better place. Do you currently see a doctor about all of these things? If not I suggest that you look into seeing someone who can help you work through these problems. I know it might seem impossible now but with time you can get to a better place. Would you ever consider counseling? I think that is also something that could prove beneficial. It will give you a safe place to go and talk about all the things that are bothering you and help you work through them. I know opening up to someone might be hard but in the end you deserve to have the support that they can offer you.

Do your parents know about everything that is going on? If not I suggest you open up to them about this as well. I know that might be hard to do but they can offer you support and you deserve that support. You shouldn't have to deal with all of this on your own.

As for your self harm, I suggest you look at Alternatives to Self Harm whenever you are feeling an urge to harm yourself. While it might seem like the alternatives are not working at first keep turning to them and with time they can work good enough.

I really hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
franz1 Offline
Out of the box thinker
Average Joe

Name: brady shaw

Points: 11,331, Level: 15 Points: 11,331, Level: 15 Points: 11,331, Level: 15

Re: I feel empty - mentions self harm - January 26th 2014, 05:25 AM

I am so sorry your going through this, I know from experience that dealing with severe depression and self harm, is not an easy thing to cope with. It takes over you, like a massive wave engoulghing your soul.....
BUT, the thing that you need to remember is there is always an end to the hurt, maybe not today, but someday....it hurts I know and it isn't easy to just brush off. You have to work to get over the hump that is set infront of you.

Have you thought about seeking help through some of the available recourses out there? I know talking to someone about things like this can be hard, and half the time you don't want to even think about it...but letting it out and asking for help is the first step in overcoming the depression and the self harm. As for the voices in your head, I don't know much about how to tackle them but it can be done, same as with depression.

I know for me letting my emotions out ins writing or music really helps me overcome the struggles I am facing.

I hope you the best, I am here if you need to talk.

Helen: I'm someone who has chosen to embrace the broad spectrum of our reality.

​“Levity helps keep far more insidious things at bay.”
Dr. Helen Magnus, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“Feeling safe is something we all need.”
Dr. Will Zimmerman, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“We learn more from failure than from success.”
Nikola Tesla, “END OF NIGHTS” PART II
SANCTUARY

“Life without purpose isn’t… life.”
Will Zimmerman, “PAVOR NOCTURNUS”
SANCTUARY