TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anastasiana Offline
Jumping Jellybeans Batman!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Homeless again next friday... - April 26th 2014, 08:41 AM

Oy. Sometimes I forget why I even keep trying. I feel too much pressure to live a perfect life without making any mistakes. One slip up and I find myself without a place again.

Not that I've personally done something to fuck up this time. I've been on a friend's couch and the landlord found out and wants me out in 7 days. In a neighborhood full of drug addicts and violent crime, you think they'd have more important things to focus on.

I just... god damn. It's not a bad time of the year to be out on the streets, but fuck it's not fun. All your life condensed into a backpack, constantly having to find a new place to sleep because society seems to see all homeless people as thieves and crazies.

Well, I am fucking insane, but that's irrelevant. I'm decent enough at hiding it.

I don't know, I'm not really seeking any answers. I just need to rant to somebody. I'm just so tired of fighting at loosing battle. Why fight for life if I will never have the chance to accomplish my dreams?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Homeless again next friday... - April 26th 2014, 07:34 PM

I think it must be extremely hard for you to be in this kind of situation. It was really kind of your friend to allow you to stay at their place and I'm sad that their landlord has chosen to have you removed. I'm just wondering, but is there any possible way that you could speak to their landlord and see if they could come up with a compromise? I understand that they want you out in 7 days time but if for example, they work a certain job and are an employer, see if they'll hire you to work for them in exchange for a roof over your head or see if you can find a job, even a low-paid job so that you can afford to pay for a small place of your own for a little while. If not, are there any family members you're ok to speak with and/or may be able to take you in for a short while? Or even another friend?

I understand if you're not religious at all, which is completely fine, but sometimes churches can provide shelter for the homeless, at least for one or two nights a week and maybe you could even ask them if you could help them out in some way in exchange for a roof over your head.

I know these may not be the greatest suggestions or ideas of all, but it's worth giving them a shot and see how you get on. Don't give up hope, when life plunges us to our lowest, it can only mean things will get better.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Homeless again next friday... - April 26th 2014, 08:38 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time right now. Living on the streets and couch surfing is not as glamorous as people may think...it's definitely a tough way to live and so I understand how this must be really hard for you.

My suggestion is that if you have no safe place to stay come Friday, stay in a women or family shelter. I'm going to link you to a website I found for shelters in the Orlando, FL area (your account location says you're currently living there) and hopefully it'll be of some use to you. (Orlando Homeless Shelters & Services)

Along with being a safer place to stay than on the streets, they usually also provide services and help in regards to counseling, finding affordable housing, finding a job, teaching valuable life skills, etc. Utilizing these services may help you get the support you need to turn things around.

I hope this post helps you out a bit and that things work out for you. Stay safe.

Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Homeless again next friday... - April 26th 2014, 10:43 PM

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about how things are. It sounds really tough for you right now. Is there anything you can do right now? Maybe speak to the landlord and work out something possibly, or do you have a family member or another friend you can stay with? I hope you can figure something out. In the meantime, do you have a job, or can you look for a job? You might could look for a roommate.

I know that you're in a really difficult spot, but just try to hang in there. Things can definitely improve, life won't always be like this and sometime around, situations will improve. Things have a way of working out eventually. Everyone makes mistakes and nobody can do everything perfectly. Remind yourself of that and just focus on the present, take steps to making the future better. Stay strong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anastasiana Offline
Jumping Jellybeans Batman!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Homeless again next friday... - April 27th 2014, 02:26 AM

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys. I've been homeless off and on for a few years now, so I've pretty much learned all the tips and tricks of survival. Homeless people in downtown Orlando have it pretty cushy. Lots of food banks and shelters. Most shelters you have to pay for, or are only temporary. Very few work with those that have mental illness though(which I have).

I'm just waiting on the SSI application to finish up so I can get some real income. It just sucks and I needed a quick rant

Closed Thread