TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicky Lk

Points: 12,136, Level: 16 Points: 12,136, Level: 16 Points: 12,136, Level: 16

Just....lonely - June 7th 2014, 12:03 AM

For the past few weeks I been slowly getting more and more depressed and feeling like I been wanting to cut again. The reasoning: Everyone around me is either living on their own (I am in my mid 20's), in a relationship, engaged, getting married or is pregnant. Where am I in life? Living with my Grandma, working a minimum wage job, driving a car that needs work at least once a month and ....drum roll.....I am single and have never really been with anyone. I know I am not the prettiest, or skinniest person in the world but I just feel like I am disgusting because no guy...or even girls talk to me. I am just doomed to live under my Grandmas roof forever with my cat and never know what its like to be in love.

Edgar Allen Poe "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling-my darling-my life and my bride, in the sepulcher there by the sea".
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Just....lonely - June 7th 2014, 10:21 AM

just remember that you can get out there and open yourself up to new experiences nothing's impossible. The fact that you've so much to experience also means that you're in for so so much happiness. give it a try. you'll surprise yourself.

and no cutting. don't hurt yourself.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Just....lonely - June 7th 2014, 10:44 AM

First things first, let me tell you that you're not the only person in their 20's living a similar life. There are others here on TeenHelp who can definitely relate to you, and so can I. When I grew up, I grew up living with my grandmother. I'd never been in a relationship with anyone right up until I was 19 and it never worked out. I've always been in some form of education, I've never had a real job, all my friends have either made families of their own, gotten a great job or gone off to university. I've done none of those. For a while it made me feel like I was being left behind, like I was a failure because I wasn't reaching the stage my friends were reaching was the hardest part. Guess where I am now? Still living at home, never had a real paid job, can't drive, can't afford to go to college anymore, can't go to university. My friends are either married and have a child, have a great job or are succeeding in doing amazing degrees at universities, some of those people were people who'd used to mess around at school/college, bully other people and they've done all those things that I haven't. Thinking about how I got 'left behind' was the thing that hurt me the most, it made me feel lonely and upset, a failure and that I'd never amount to anything. You know what I'd realised? It's never good to compare ourselves to others. Who cares what other people are doing? They're not you and you're not them. Don't compare yourself to other people, you're worth more than that. We all have our limitations and we all have our own lives to contend with. Everyone's life is different. I know that it's hard not to compare yourself to others but as you can see, making comparisons can be a very dangerous and hurtful thing.

Finding someone can be hard in life but there's always someone out there for somebody. There's someone out there for you too. It may feel like it's taking forever but you're in your mid-20's, not mid-70's, you still have a lot of life to live and you still have so many things to do and see, don't give up that hope and remember that we're all different in one way or another, so are you. You're a unique and beautiful individual, don't wish yourself to be someone else, wish yourself to be you.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,473, Level: 27 Points: 35,473, Level: 27 Points: 35,473, Level: 27

Re: Just....lonely - June 7th 2014, 11:23 AM

Hey I agree with Sarah, comparisons just make life a lot harder than it really is. You are awesome the way you are and you better remember that..
I suggest you take a look at Alternatives to self harm, they are really helpful. Please do not harm yourself, because you do not deserve to be hurt in any way.
Just be yourself and one day, you will find someone who is meant for you.
Till then stay strong <3
I am always around if you want someone to talk to
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicky Lk

Points: 12,136, Level: 16 Points: 12,136, Level: 16 Points: 12,136, Level: 16

Re: Just....lonely - June 9th 2014, 01:24 AM

Thanks you guys, I just....I feel so worthless, before I know I'm going to be 30. I don't want to live with my Grandma anymore and I want a new car but with my job making 7.65 an hour I just cant afford rent anywhere or a car payment. As for the relationship stuff I just feel like my Grandma that died of cancer I am doomed to be and die alone I mean yeah she was married to my Dad's, Dad....but in the end she didn't grow old with a partner and I feel like thats how I'm going to be since I'm almost 30 and haven't found anyone by now. I dont believe when people say theres someone out there for everyone because of what my Grandma went through.

Edgar Allen Poe "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling-my darling-my life and my bride, in the sepulcher there by the sea".
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Just....lonely - June 9th 2014, 03:22 PM

you just gotta take a chance and believe if you don't take a chance, then opportunities will be harder to come by. but i've confidence that things will just work out for you.

you can do this. you deserve the best i'll always be here .
Closed Thread