TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wommy Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Angela

Terrible week - April 22nd 2015, 09:30 PM

*The names in this story have been changed

Ugh...Where do I even begin?

So these past two weeks have been absolutely terrible for me.

A month ago, my senior friend, Alex, asked me to prom after he and his girlfriend of a year and a half broke up. We were just going as friends, and we were going with our squad, which is him, me, Jenny, Ally, and Colin. So I said yes and I was looking forward to everything. But I was also super nervous. I wasn't sure if I was starting to develop feelings for Alex, and it just sucked cuz Alex is super popular and he's super friendly to everyone, so I consider him one of my best friends, but I don't think I'm even in his top 40. So I just thought that he would much rather go with someone else that he could actually have fun with because I'm not much of a partier and I don't think I'm very fun...and since it was his senior prom, I wanted him to be with someone he actually wanted to go with. But he assured me that it would be a lot of fun since it'll be the only time we can have a squad prom so I'm like okay.

Then last week, Alex started hanging out with Colin's ex, Molly, a bunch. He went to her party on Saturday, they hung out all day Sunday, and he brought her back to his house Monday and kissed her. Then I saw them holding hands in the halls on Thursday. Ally then asked him if he was going to date Molly and he said probably yes after prom.

That made me super upset because my fear basically came true. I feel like he was going to look back at his senior prom and look at his pictures with me and wish they were with Molly instead. And that just really upset me.

Alex talking to Molly also affected everyone else in squad, not just me. Jenny and Alex are best friends and Jenny finally admitted to herself that she kind of likes him, so the fact that Alex and Molly kissed devastated her. Colin considers Alex his best friend so the fact that he broke bro code really pissed him off, especially since Alex hasn't talked to Colin about it and he's trying to act like it isn't happening. And Ally is just really sad because everyone else is really sad and hurt by Alex's actions.

So prom comes Saturday and I'm really excited and it's a bit awkward but whatever. So we get to the actual dance and a friend kind of forced me and Alex to slow dance but he was looking around the whole time. Then after the song ended, he went to get some water but he was really looking for Molly. He found Molly and then grabbed her and danced with her for the next slow dance. I just started crying so much I don't know why. It upset me so much...like he didn't want to dance with me, he wished Molly was his date instead. And that basically ruined the entire night. After prom was fun but I wish we didn't have all this tension in squad.

And now, Alex asked Molly out Monday on senior skip day and they had a date....and I've been ignoring him. So has Colin. Jenny was too weak and couldn't stand giving him the cold shoulder. But I'm just so upset and hurt and it's really sent me down a dark place mentally again and I've been doing bad things to myself again and at this point, I don't know if it's Alex that's hurting me or myself..........and I don't know. All this is really taking a toll on me. And we wanted a happy year since Alex and Colin are both seniors but Colin hates Alex now and has accepted that they are no longer friends. But the thing is, Alex has no idea that he's hurt all of us. And that's what hurts most of all.

And I don't even know. I'm just very upset. Every day this week since prom has sucked. And I just want squad to be okay again but I hate Alex but I love him at the same time and I just don't even know...

Closed Thread