TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

A bit lost - May 1st 2015, 12:43 PM

It might be because I'm sleep deprived but I'm just not happy about my life, everything about it. I want to be who I feel that I am yet at the same time I don't like who that person is and I know it's simply because other people around me won't accept that person.

I know I should be happy with myself and do what makes me happy but I just can't get over this feeling that I... I don't know... don't belong? Like the universe just isn't the place for me. I'm worn out from all the hiding and the trying to get by. I'm tired of feeling shame for who I am. And I'm tired of the people in my life telling me I should be ashamed.

Life is a journey| Every step is a choice you make| Sometimes you'll stumble and fall| Get up, be strong, And set your feet on the road again| Soon you'll be standing tall| Live all you can, and understand| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off| Whatever goes up, must always come down again| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off
  Send a message via AIM to Sara-chan  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hidden11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: A bit lost - May 1st 2015, 04:24 PM

You should never be ashamed of who you are! Everyone has something that makes them different from the rest of the world. What is it about you that has you so confused?

Its alright if you feel you don't belong, sometimes it takes some searching to find the place and people that really feel like "home"

What makes you think that you need to hide though? if you don't mind me asking.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: A bit lost - May 1st 2015, 07:19 PM

Hidden11 is right - you should definitely not feel ashamed of who you are.

Do you know where these feelings of not belonging come from or why you aren't happy with the person you are? You mentioned being sleep-deprived and that can absolutely have an effect on how we feel. Best wishes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

Re: A bit lost - May 1st 2015, 11:29 PM

My family would cut me off. I'd basically be homeless. My friends as well are against someone like me. People around here aren't very tolerant or accepting.

Life is a journey| Every step is a choice you make| Sometimes you'll stumble and fall| Get up, be strong, And set your feet on the road again| Soon you'll be standing tall| Live all you can, and understand| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off| Whatever goes up, must always come down again| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off
  Send a message via AIM to Sara-chan  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Hidden11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: A bit lost - May 1st 2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara-chan View Post
My family would cut me off. I'd basically be homeless. My friends as well are against someone like me. People around here aren't very tolerant or accepting.
I know how you feel there. Things won't be like that forever, just have to make it till you have some independence and you can do anything you like at that point!

Closed Thread