TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

All hope gone. - May 30th 2015, 09:46 PM

Hi everyone. Im weak. I cant carry on. I feel like Im just finished. My parents dont like me anymore, they dcareamed at me and said they had to put up with me for years. My best friend ditched me nearly a year ago. I had a small argument with my parents and then said that my dad sometimes didnt treat me that nicely and they exploded and screamed at me. Im just in the bathroom crying on the floor. I have no one. Im solely relying on God roght now. If anyone can just talk with me or just pretend that they like me it would even help. Im just finished

(#2 (permalink)) Old
User Anon. Offline
Not a n00b

Re: All hope gone. - May 30th 2015, 10:21 PM

Hey!

I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. I'm sure you don't deserve it at all. How old are you? I know how you feel, cuz I'm a loner too and my parents are.. not exactly what you would call.. human. Anyway, I'm suffering too. A lot. But you need to stay strong. Believe in yourself. You ARE strong. All of us on TH are here for you. We care about you too. You're one of us. We're always here for you whenever you need us. Okay? Please don't give up. Not yet. Please.

Please PM me when you read this. I'm here for you. Have you tried writing down what you're going through? Or talking to someone, online or in 'real life'? Talking to people about what you're going through really really helps. Maybe you could keep a journal or a dairy too.

I know things are tough for you and your relationship with your parents are not.. friendly but have you tried talking to them about how you feel? Maybe they don't know that you're suffering so much. I love music so listening to a song which resembles my situation really helps for me. I write songs too and dance, so I express myself through music. Do you have anything you're into real bad? Maybe some sport or something?

Please talk to me. I'm completely banned from technology right now, all gadgets pass protected and confiscated. So.. I stay awake at nights and use the mobile when everyone's asleep. It's 2:38 AM now. Yeah, I peeked when my father put in the password once. So I'll try to reply as soon as I can but it's probably tomorrow night at the earliest :/

I hope we can be friends Good luck, I hope things get better for you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: All hope gone. - May 31st 2015, 12:47 AM

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I think the above poster is correct in suggesting that you should speak with your parents if you feel it is possible. It sounds as if things are strained right now between you's, but perhaps they don't understand what you are dealing with at the moment.

It's unfortunate you are going through so much and I wish you the best. Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: All hope gone. - June 3rd 2015, 10:26 PM

Hi there, Dan!

I'm really sorry that you're having such a hard time. Sounds like things are really tough right now so I'm happy that you're reaching out here. That must have taken some courage, so you should be proud of yourself for doing so!

What your parents said to you is understandably hurtful, I'm sorry to hear that they said that to you. I hope you're okay now. Mostly anyone would feel hurt if they heard that from their parents. When they said that, had they been under any stress or was anything negative going on during that day or that week? Because sometimes even parents say the wrong things. They are your parents and I'm sure they love you a lot more than you realize. In the heat of the moment, everyone has probably said things that they didn't mean and wished to take back later.

Since then, have you talked to your parents again? Sounds as your relationship with your parents is very difficult right now, but getting back to a good point with them might help you a lot emotionally and overall in your life. I really suggest waiting for a time when they seem to be fairly calm and not busy with anything to open up to them and have a heartfelt, productive and mature conversation. If you wish, ask them if they really meant what they said, and explain to them that it really hurts when they say things like that. Then let them know that you'd really like to be closer with the both of them (if that's true, of course). Building a good relationship between you and your parents might take some time and a lot of effort, but you deserve to have them in your life in a positive way.

As for your best friend, I'm sorry that he ditched you. Do you feel like talking more about that? You're welcome to discuss more if you're comfortable with it. Being close to someone then having them leave must have been really hard for you. Keep in mind that while your friend may have left, not everyone will. Are there any sports, clubs or groups at your school that you can join? That can be a good way to find others with common interests that you can relate to. For some people, it's difficult to find real, genuine friends but it's very possible. Continue being your true self and be kind, surely someone will come along that'd be honored to be called a friend of yours.

Through all of this pain you're experiencing with the troubles you currently have, I'm really happy that you can look to God. While life has its tough moments, I really do believe that He's looking out for everyone. He knows that even though things can get incredibly difficult, that we're strong enough to fight through it and become even stronger from the ordeal. Sometimes I think that hardships are also a way of learning about ourselves. Such as better ways to handle difficulties, and along with that, it gives us experience to be able to help others later on in life that may be struggling as well. To be able to spread real hope, like, "I know it's hard for you right now, but I've been where you are and I can tell you that it does get better because it did for me. If I can do it, I know you're strong enough to as well."

Just remember that you're never truly alone as there's many out there that can relate to you and sympathize with you. I hope you're feeling a bit better since you've posted this, and I also hope your situation improves. Regardless, you're welcome to PM/VM me anytime if you'd like a friend to talk to, okay? I say that a lot to people, but I mean it each time I say it. Everyone needs to be able to open up and vent a little, which is why I'm happy to listen whenever someone feels like talking. That applies to you too!

You can do this, stay strong because there's always going to be happier days ahead, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: All hope gone. - June 3rd 2015, 11:58 PM

Hi there.

I am so sorry that you are going through such a rough time right now. I am glad that you have come here for some help and support though. I know it can take a lot of courage to reach out so be proud of yourself for that!

Firstly, I am sure you saying your parents don't like you anymore isn't true. I'm assuming you had an argument of some sort which led to words being said and sometimes when we're angry, annoyed or fed up, we say things that we don't really mean, you know? They are your parents and I am sure they love you and care about you and would do anything they could to help you. I know it probably doesn't feel like that right now, but I am positive in saying chances are its true. Try not to be so harsh and yourself about it. Sometimes we explode and become angry when we're stressed. I'm not excusing your dads behavior towards you but just keep that it mind. It probably wasn't meant to be towards you.

Its horrible when you lose a friend and I think we can all relate to that because we all lose friends at some point in our lives. I know I have and it wasn't nice to go through and sometimes I still wish I had them in my life but it is a part of life. We meet people and sometimes those people stick and sometimes they don't and eventually we move on and make new friends. Have you made any new friends since? If not try talking to people your age. Get involved in the community; go to groups and clubs and meet new people in the aim to make some new friends who you can become close too. It might really help you. Just a thought.

I am really glad you're a strong believer of god and it's helping you to get through this rough time. We all have different things that help us and if this is what helps you then that's great and yeah. So keep holding on to that because that is something very special and close to the heart, you know?

I want you to know that you aren't weak. You are strong, in fact. You have come through a lot and deserve to be proud of yourself for holding on an fighting through it. I know it's a difficult place to be in but you're here and you're fighting it and that's amazing. Recognize how amazing that it and pat yourself on the back for it. Your time isn't up yet. You have your whole life and future ahead of you and it can be anything you want it to be so don't be afraid of setting goals and aiming high because you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it. Believe in yourself. I believe in you and know that you can get through this rough time you're going through. You have the strength inside to carry you through so keep your chin up and keep fighting. You are worth the fight and it's gunna be worth it.

Take good care,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Rainbow Cookies Offline
Geek and proud
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma

Re: All hope gone. - June 4th 2015, 03:41 AM

Just let me know if you need some more. Oh and one more thing

Closed Thread