TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Why am I still depressed? - July 14th 2015, 05:07 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I dunno what's wrong with me. After so many years and counseling and everything and I'm still depressed and all I hope to do is to kill myself..
I dunno what to do... Nothing seems to help... And I'm just stuck alone in this fog , this darkness and I feel there's no one who understands.. No one asks how I'm doing, it's like no one cares. And I see a counselor so I guess I pay someone to care.
I've a job.. People say u have a job and give back to community and it should help.. And I do loads of that, not to curb depression but really coz I just do it.. And it doesn't help.
Was sexually abused quite badly for a few years as a child... Did that permanently screw up my brain? It's like no matter how my thought patterns and understanding of the world changes, my mood is still shit and I still have these thoughts... No matter what I do, no matter what treatment I get, no matter who tried to help, nothing works... If only I can kill myself, that would be wonderful. Death would be wonderful. I want out.

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nate

Re: Why am I still depressed? - July 14th 2015, 05:37 PM

You aren't alone, everyone here will hold out a helping hand. Perhaps you could try seeing a different counselor with different methods, or try to find things you used to do that make you happy and have a sense of nostalgia to them.

Suicide would be a horrible, horrible way to deal with this situation. It doesn't get rid of the pain, it simply pushes it onto somebody else.

Perhaps some other ideas could be to find a new hobby, such as story writing, poetry, art, some way to express yourself and break free in a way, something to take you into your own reality.

Hope some of this helps at least a little bit, message me if you like.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sandy

Re: Why am I still depressed? - July 14th 2015, 11:13 PM

Hi. There are people who care. You can talk to me anytime you want. Suicide is not the answer to your issues. Let's talk. You can PM me. I can try to help you and to be a good voice of reason and a sounding board for you.

Closed Thread