TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

Alone - July 21st 2015, 12:04 AM

I can't express what I'm feeling Im feeling desperate and suicidal. I had a fight with my parents and went in the car and read for about 2 hours. My dad found me and called me a little f*cker. He said that I'm disturbed and my mum said I just stay on the f*cking computer all day. My dad said that I hate everyone. I feel empty. I think I'm fat for my age and want to eat healthy,I'm obsessed over my weight. I feel like bursting into tears. I feel fat,ugly and alone. Im finished I'm alone. I feel like a terrible person because of mistakes in my past too. I need someone to talk to I need a friend,anyone : (

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Alone - July 21st 2015, 12:58 AM

Hi, Dan.

The fight you had sounds really upsetting, I'm sorry that you had a fight with your parents and also that your dad said those things to you.

When things have calmed down, I suggest sitting down and talking to your parents about how the things they've said made you feel. Just having a calm and polite conversation about your feelings, you know? Communication is important and can be really effective. And explaining how much their words hurt, hopefully they'd see how much their words have an impact on you and try to express themselves in kinder ways.

Are there any family members you can open up to about how you're feeling, or a trusted teacher, or school counselor? Confiding in someone for support and advice could be really helpful. I hope writing out what happened has helped you express yourself a little. You're welcome to continue expressing how you feel if you'd like. On that note, do you have a journal that you can write in about your thoughts, feelings and things going on in your life? Simply writing things out can be a really therapeutic outlet. I also suggest occupying yourself with hobbies you enjoy as well.

Weight insecurities can have a huge impact on self-esteem. I'm sorry you're struggling with so many thoughts and feelings regarding your weight. Wanting to eat healthy and be healthy is a wonderful thing, but make sure you're being kind to your body and appreciating yourself as you are. And if you do go through with trying to lose weight, make sure you do it in healthy ways because your health is important. Perhaps you could ask your doctor if you're at a healthy weight for your age and also ask your doctor's advice on what healthy foods you should eat.

Things seem really hard for you, especially after the fight with your parents, but I want to reassure you that you aren't alone and that there'll be better days ahead. You can reach out here at TeenHelp anytime, and while things are difficult for you right now, you've still got your whole future ahead of you. Mistakes are a way of learning about yourself and how to handle things better next time, and the hardships in life can strengthen you along with gaining wisdom and compassion from it. I know that doesn't make the situation any easier in the present moment though, I just want to remind you that there's always hope and better, happier things ahead of each bad experience.

You can message me if you'd like, okay? I don't mind listening if you'd like to vent. Take care and hang in there. You can do this, stay strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
XXCassXX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassidy

Re: Alone - July 21st 2015, 02:00 AM

You can't let your parents make you feel like that. It's not good to feel so down all the time. You're not alone. People care about you. I'm always willing to listen or try to help with whatever.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Alone - July 24th 2015, 11:09 PM

Hi

I'm sorry about the argument you had and how you are feeling but glad you came to us here for some support. You don't deserve to be going through this alone.

I know this is going to be hard, but I am assuming by now things have settled down a bit and maybe soon would be a good time to talk about what happened? I know it's a scary thing to do but it might help to clear the air a bit, you know? So when things have settled, talk about it together. We all say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment and I am sure and I hope this is the case for you all too.

Do you have anyone you can talk to about what's going on who can give you some support such as a friend, family member or a trusted adult like a teacher? Again, a scary thing to do but it can also be really helpful to talk to people. And maybe find a way of letting out your emotions. I know that I always find writing a really good way to release my thoughts and emotions so I blog on here and it helps or write in my journal too. But you can write poetry, song lyrics, do sport, go running, do dance, do art, anything that helps you express yourself. Sometimes we just need a good AND healthy way to release our emotions and I think that's really important for us all, especially like you when you're in a situation like you are.

And lastly, remember you can get through this. Yes it might be a hard fight but its going to be worth it and if you ever want to talk know that you're more than welcome to PM. You don't need to suffer in silence or be alone so don't be. People love and care about you and want whats best for you, okay? And so do we. We want to help you as much as we can do so don't be afraid to reach out to use okay?

Take good care

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread