TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fleetfoot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Thinking Of Ending My Life Tonight - July 25th 2015, 09:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am going to kill myself tonight. My family doesn't care about me not even my friends. I give and give but what do I get? Nothing. When I give something to my friends all I get is my food being taken by them. When I give to my family all I get are bruises. My brother said if I give him Wi-Fi I can play his game Night Of A Hundred Frights but did he let me play? Let's think. NO HE DIDN'T EVEN AFTER HE PROMISED ME AND TOOK MY WI-FI!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Thinking Of Ending My Life Tonight - July 25th 2015, 10:31 PM

ending your life won't solve anything and if your friends don't care about you then they are not your friends. what you wanna do is surround yourself with the people that respect you and love you if they don't then they don't deserve the light of day. oh and dose getting bruises mean you are getting abused if you are you should look into a hotline so you can get help. I hope you are still are alive to read this because there are people who love you for you and you might not know it

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Thinking Of Ending My Life Tonight - July 25th 2015, 11:45 PM

The above poster is correct - ending your life is not the answer and if you feel your friends don't treat you the right way, it may be time to find a new circle of people to be around. And while family grief can be stressful, but it doesn't mean your family doesn't care. Best wishes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Thinking Of Ending My Life Tonight - July 26th 2015, 10:11 AM

Hey there.

From reading your post, I can understand why you must feel really sad, frustrated and alone given the way you're being treated by everyone around you. But ending your life isn't the answer. Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary feelings and problems. Whereas living through these things will give you experience, strength and bring you much happier days. So don't give up, okay? You can get through this.

Thing is, siblings can give off the impression that they don't care by how they act, treat you and also by the things they say. Even if they outright say they don't care. But it's very rare that they actually mean what they say. Most siblings fight and tease each other often and of course, that causes a lot of conflict and hurt feelings. But none of this means they don't truly care for you underneath all of that. If you weren't here tomorrow, I'm definitely willing to bet your brothers and family would be distraught.

Regardless, how things are at home is obviously upsetting you a lot so you're allowed to have your feelings and also to express them in hopes of some change. Have you spoken to your parents about how all of this makes you feel, and also that you've had suicidal thoughts due to it? Communication and sharing how you feel in a calm way can help a lot. Along with that, I suggest finding healthy outlets for how you feel and what goes on at home. You can continue asking for advice and support here of course, but I suggest having ways to vent such as keeping a journal to write down your thoughts, feelings and what's going on in your life. While also distracting yourself with hobbies you enjoy during your spare time. Fill your time with things that make you happy and make sure you have ways to express yourself in healthy ways.

What you're going through sounds difficult and I'm really sorry that you're struggling enough to feel this way, but you can get through this because while life isn't easy, it is worth it and you have a lot ahead of you. So don't doubt your strength and ironically, the tough things are what make us stronger and give us knowledge. Things will improve eventually as change is a natural part of life. You'll make new friends as long as you keep being yourself and stay kind to those around you. Just wait to put your all into a friendship till you're around people that take your feelings into consideration; the true friends. So keep holding on. You can do this. Take care and stay strong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Thinking Of Ending My Life Tonight - July 26th 2015, 10:32 AM

I think that the problem is that you were too nice, and because of that other people take advantage of You. what you've to do is change yourself a little, and remember that those people who accept us and care about us won't want other people to take advantage of us. you are cared for, you're loved, and you deserve to be watched over. From now on, make a rule when you meet someone new.

If that someone stands by you regardless of what you're going through and makes that extra effort to support you, then that someone deserves your companionship.

If that someone doesn't keep promises but is always around to take stuff when you "give" , that someone deserves nothing from you, and nothing at all from you. Because you deserve better than people who take you for granted.

I advice you to distance yourself from people who hurt you, and get to know more people who care for you, and love you. stay safe and don't hurt yourself.. there's very few nice people like you around.. and you're a blessing to everyone. Stay strong!

You'll always have our support.. i promise.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fleetfoot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Thinking Of Ending My Life Tonight - July 26th 2015, 04:36 PM

I have been trying to make new friends on this website called kidschat. I made two friends there and when we exchanged numbers I texted them but they never answer.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Thinking Of Ending My Life Tonight - July 27th 2015, 05:12 AM

i think its best to make friend irl too . that results in a more personal connection and it'll work out . The key is to put yourself out there and be honest. Truth results in purer, truer friendships.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread