TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

I had the worst day ever today - July 27th 2015, 08:50 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My dad left for a trip today and my mom spent literally 8 hours yelling at me and telling me I was worthless and lazy. She's really stressed because my uncle was diagnosed with fatal brain cancer and her sister died of cancer so its been really hard on her.
Then my boss called me and said we need to talk and I'm not on the schedule for this semester, only subbing for dish shifts. So basically I'm fired from the coolest coffee shop ever, where I used to spend all of my time with my friends, but she pities me too much to actually fire me.
Additionally, my best friend texted me saying she was thinking it would be easier if she killed herself while Im gone for 3 weeks in the wilderness and her boyfriend is gone. So when I come back from being with my family, including mother, with no internet for 3 weeks I can look forward to school with no friends, an extremely difficult course load, and a funeral. As well as the fact I can no longer go to the coffee shop I used to love because im too embarrassed and hurt. Basically everything hurts and I don't want to exist anymore. I don't know how Im going to keep it together, I feel like everything is just falling apart.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: I had the worst day ever today - July 27th 2015, 04:52 PM

I'm sorry for your troubles - that is certainly a lot to shoulder at once.

As you acknowledged, your mother's tirade is likely connected to her own grief and sadness. Not that this excuses her behavior - it's just that sometimes we say things we shouldn't when we aren't in the proper frame of mind.

I'm very sorry to hear about the job as well - that really sucks, especially if it is something you enjoyed. But that doesn't necessarily mean you cannot still frequent the coffee shop. And even if you aren't comfortable doing so, I would like to think your friends wouldn't abandon you over it.

As for your friend, while I admittedly don't know what she is dealing with, it sounds as if she would benefit from hearing how much you care. Her consideration of suicide appears to be far from a decisive one (stating that she feels it would be easier, not that she is going to go through with it), so I think you - perhaps along with her boyfriend and others in her life - can find a way to get through to her before you leave for your trip.

Again, I'm sorry you are dealing with so much at the moment and hope brighter days arrive for you soon. Best wishes.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I had the worst day ever today - July 28th 2015, 10:02 AM

I'm sorrys But i think in the meantime, you could both join some new activities such as pottery, or a basketball or a football club where you could certainly meet some new people, and do some charity work. That will definitely help you to mix around, as well as divert your attention from these negative events.

And i know that your mom can get through this.. support her and remember that it's hard on everyone, and i think it's time for her to overcome this... She's strong, and you're strong, too. Together, there's nothing you can't overcome. And i think that for the coffee shop, you can talk to your boss and tell you that you are willing to put in your work, and you're willing to put in the extra hours. Maybe this is just a test to see if you're determined. Show them that You are!

And i know these are tough times. But if you stay strong, get yourself into positive activities that will help you forget and not think about those negative events, you'll be golden, and ready for the future where everything will be better. Tell this to your friend too, there's nothing that people can't overcome if they're determined , strong and willful. You'll always have us, and you can always come to us for support. We aren't going anywhere.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I had the worst day ever today - July 30th 2015, 12:49 AM

Hey there.

While it doesn't make her words any less hurtful, I am glad you acknowledge the reasoning behind how your mother is treating you. It still doesn't automatically make it okay for her to say things like that to you, though. You are her child, you're a human being with a soul and feelings; you are not worthless and she shouldn't say that you are. Would it help to have a heart to heart with her, and politely mention that you understand that she's dealing with a lot of difficult things, but the words she's saying to you are really hurtful? Hopefully if both of you could support each other through both of your struggles, it'd make all of this a lot easier and bring the two of you closer.

As for the coffee shop, I can understand how that'd be really upsetting given the fact that you spend a lot of your time there with your friends. After a bit of time goes by, I'm sure things will go back to normal and it won't feel so embarrassing hanging out there. Other than that, it might be a good idea to consider Green Yoshi's suggestion of telling your boss that you can put in the extra hours and you don't see why you were taken off the schedule. You could ask if you've done anything wrong in their eyes, and also ask if there's any ways you could improve your work there. Hopefully you can work something out with your boss to continue working there the same amount of time as you used to.

The situation with your best friend sounds incredibly upsetting and stressful. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Before you leave for your trip, reassure your friend that it would not be easier. Reassure her that she matters a lot more and is strong enough to get through her struggles. Remind her she's cared for and that she has many, many reasons to hold on. Does her boyfriend know about her suicidal thoughts, and what she said about going through with it while you and him are away? Could you suggest to her that she stays with a friend or family member while you and her boyfriend is away so that she isn't alone and has someone to talk to? Is it possible for you to invite her on the trip with you? You could refer her here to TeenHelp if you'd like, and also to the list of hotlines.

All of this sounds really difficult for you right now. I'm sorry that you're going through so much and I can see how all of this could take a toll on you. I just want to remind you that while everything seems to be falling apart right now, better days will come and I hope they come very soon for you. So just keep holding on, okay? I imagine everything will be okay. Just breathe, and feel free to continue reaching out here. You have support and many people to lean on.

Take care and stay strong. Let us know how things go for you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ctchampion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Wink Re: I had the worst day ever today - July 31st 2015, 03:32 PM

i dont know much about your problems. Based on what i've seen there are a lot more people that suffered much more problems, including me.

the thing is your problem is real, but mine was unreal. I'm so full of myself, imaginating i had a very good life instead almost the same problem as yours

so every morning i wake up happily, not knowing my life was ruined, and just realized it after i saw the condition of my house.

I always believe that we were born in this world for a reason, even for a smallest thing. Maybe we were born to this world for a single reason such as killing victim or something else. But 1 thing i know that our existence always bring a good effect to others or jeez.. idk

I BELIEVE you wanted to do this suicide thing, but that was what the most coward in this world did. Dont tell me idk how you feel, i exactly know how you felt.

Get the hell out of your problem!!! do what you like!!! do what you want!!!
Is there someone else out there you love ? no?

Search one? prove to the world your life was meaningfull!!!
prove to them that make you wanted to do suicide!

Still wanted to do suicide? try something you never like before in your entire life, love it, and understand why there are people that love that kind of thing you dont.

maybe that will be the reason to keep your life from suicide

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Re: I had the worst day ever today - July 31st 2015, 04:48 PM

Hello there, I understand that you are going through is really tough. I understand that having your mother yelling at you. As a teenager your body has many emotions . I know you may be sad and want to commit suicide, but remember that you only have one life, if you kill yourself you will never exist for the rest of eternity . I can understand how upset you are, but realize the positive things of life, maybe try something new, or maybe try to run away, or move to a new place , and meet new people , there are many things you could do. Also do not take your mothers comments personally, she obviously is stressed out. Best of luck

Closed Thread