TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chloe.exe Offline
-Error 404 Not Found-
Not a n00b

Name: ChloŽ

Exclamation i need help - September 1st 2015, 08:02 PM

Hi

So I'm going to get straight to the point. I've been suicidal, I've self harmed and I've had depression for around 3 years now. I don't need a professional or anyone to tell me I'm depressed and suicidal because its perfectly clear I am. The one thing I do need is help. I've wanted help for a long time now, I'm just so sick and tired of tomorrow being a repeat of today, of being bullied and if feeling like I'm not worth it. I know there are 3 options. 1)End it the easy way 2)stay the same or 3)get help. I've tried 1 or 2 but with no success so now its time to try option 3. Only 2 people know about my problems, my best friend and my ex best friend. I don't want to tell my parents because they have too much going on right now like money problems dealing with divorce and my mentally ill brother. I'm the vision of their "perfect" child (or so they say) and I don't want to tell the truth in saying my problems. I know all to well what will happen if I tell them. But with that aside is there anyway I can get help without my parents knowing?

Sorry this is kind of a vent but I needed to let the emotions out. Thanks x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: i need help - September 1st 2015, 08:55 PM

Hi there Chloe,

It's good that you are reaching out to get help and it is a really brave step. You could maybe see a school counsellor, however, if they were worried for your safety then they may have to tell your parents about something that you have said; but other than in that instance everything you tell them will be confidential. You can also get support and advice here on TeenHelp, and through family and friends.

I understand that you are reluctant to tell your parents about what is going on as you feel as they have enough to cope with at the moment, however, they will probably want to help you. Do you have any other family members that could support you?

I hope this helps, feel free to PM or VM me if you ever need to talk

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: i need help - September 1st 2015, 09:55 PM

I think its great for you to help out, and i think one of the best ways to vent out your feelings and emotions is to try out something new (THAT IS SAFE ) that will help you to express yourself. You could become a musician, and you could also start writing books or novels that will help you create and outlet for what you're doing. Also, i suggest that you talk to someone you know bout this including your school counsellor or maybe your parents because you need to vent.

And the people who really should understand you are your parents. I hope that they understand your feelings and are supportive of you.

Also, i've pmed you bout this. I want things to work out for you and i'll always be here for you too.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: i need help - September 1st 2015, 11:59 PM

Hi, Chloe.

You seem to be going through a lot right now and I'm sorry for that. However, I see a lot of braveness in the fact that you're wanting to reach out for help. That's a scary thing to do for many, so you should be proud of yourself for recognizing that your current ways aren't working.

I'm sorry you're dealing with bullying along with everything else. Can you go to the school principal or trusted teacher about who is bullying you? You shouldn't have to deal with this and I hope someone in charge at the school can improve this situation for you. As for reaching out about your struggles, you can confide in a trusted teacher, a close family member or your school counselor. As Jenny said though, if the school counselor is concerned for your safety then your parents may be contacted.

You've explained why you do not want to open up to your parents and it is valid reasoning; I understand. But if you're struggling so badly to consider suicide then it might be time to open up to them, you know? You're really caring and considerate to take their stresses in consideration but I'm sure they'd understand especially since your brother also seems to have his own struggles as well. If you don't want to tell them the full story, can you just ask them if you could see a therapist to help you deal with things? You could share with your parents that you're being bullied and I assume that would be reason enough to see a therapist.

Chloe, having your parents find out about such sensitive issues you deal with especially when they're having their own difficulties with things is understandably scary. But if you feel actively suicidal then don't hesitate about letting your parents in on that, okay? Your life and your feelings matter, don't forget that.

Hope this helped. I wish you the best of luck in things. Take care, Chloe and stay strong!

Closed Thread