TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brina5810 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me Brina

Unhappy Vary depressed - September 4th 2015, 02:46 PM

So I'm vary depressed because I dated this guy for like two months but I ended to save him. I recently ended a five year relationship before I dated this guy, I thought I was ready but really I jumped into something when I wasn't ready. I ended before I could hurt him more then what it was already at. I fell hard for him and I believe he fell hard for me. Now I'm trying to still be in his life because I still care and love him but he doesn't really say anything. I can tell our relationship with each other friendly has changed. He's my best friend. Now I said goodbye because I was just hurting and getting really depressed and he said I understand. So you understand you mean the world to me, your my best friend. I guess he didn't. now I'm just hurting and really depressed I don't know what to do because he's the only one who can fix this now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Re: Vary depressed - September 5th 2015, 01:50 AM

Hey Brina,

I am sorry you are having a hard time. I can understand how hard it must have been for you to move on from a five year old relationship. Feelings are complicated especially when it comes to moving on. Even after we feel we have moved on in life, our mind starts thinking of the past and this is what seems to have happened with you. From what you have posted it looks like you really do like this guy and care for him. Since you have mentioned he is your best friend, have you tried talking to him about how you are feeling? You yourself mentioned that the only person who can fix this is him and that will happen only if you tell him how you are feeling.

I understand he is probably hurt about this himself, but if you explain to him why you decided to end the relation I think he will understand. You mentioned you broke up with him to avoid hurting him in the future. Does he know this? I know it's hard for both of you, but if you both make an effort to be in touch, you never know... there's always a chance for a second time when you have moved on from your past completely. It's best you be frank with him and tell him everything you are feeling.

I know you are hurting and I know how hard it is to function when our mind and heart is somewhere else. Maybe you could do something to distract your mind from this for a while, so once it clears up you can decided carefully what you want in the future. You could take up a new hobby or join a hobby class. Everytime you feel sad, take a walk in the park, refresh your mind.

I hope things work out for you. I am just a message away if you need someone to talk to. Stay strong.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
brina5810 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Vary depressed - September 5th 2015, 02:38 AM

thank you so much, and yes he knows how I feel but he doesn't respond to any of it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Vary depressed - September 6th 2015, 10:32 AM

If he doesnt appreciate you, then he doesn't deserve you. there are friends to be made, lovers to be loved, and chances to be had. Second chances are meant for everyone. Stop thinking negatively and remember that you deserve companionship and love. If he doesn't appreciate how truly wonderful, sweet, and nice you are, then he doesn't deserve you.

Now, get out there and think about what you can do, and get into more activities that will eventually have you meeting more people, and that will enrich your life with companionship, friends and love . And to be honest, i think you deserve much better.

You deserve to smile to the point where your lips hurt because of happiness. Never forget that.

And if you want someone to rant to who doesn't judge... i'll always be here. Always.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
brina5810 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Vary depressed - September 9th 2015, 09:16 PM

So we began to talk then out of the blue hebsyarts telling me what kind of person I am and what he says I've done int the past. Drama and lies. I don't want him believing what is a lie. Yes I've had a one night stand and me n the five year guy only broke up once. I thought what me n this other guy had was real but I guess not. I really fell for him and now I feel like it was all a lie, I feel used, and betrayed. All I want to do is tell him the truth but he won't believe me it seems. It seems like everything I say he thinks is a lie but its not. I've never lied to him. Sorry kinda ranting. Just hurting a little.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Vary depressed - September 10th 2015, 11:47 AM

and its better to just come clean and tell everything.. better than keeping everything within yourself cause it's just going to make things worse. It's better to get it all out, and i think its time you forgave yourself , and learn that there's always a second chance for everyone .

I believe that things will definitely work out for you .

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread