TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moon

Angry I'M FUCKING DONE - October 15th 2015, 03:32 AM

No one FUCKING cares about me. I told my parents I cut and when they asked me why they wouldn't listen. I'm flipping depressed but no one cares. My parents told me to nit cut again but I want to.

I told my mom I was depressed she didn't really try she said a few things that might help but what I've felt and been ranking on online tests is fucking severe depression. No one gives a Damn about me. I look for help on here but I've gotten maybe 3 replies out of 70 views. I wanted to co.not suicide and I still do sometimes.

I've lost edited pounds in the last couple of weeks because I won't eat much I'm not hungry anymore and I can't sleeping lost interest in everything I sit on my phone all day doing nothing I'm behind on my school. My life is falling apart and no one cares

I hate life and everyone hates me. So what the bloody hell am I still here for? My pack? My dogs? That's about it. Everyone else treats me like a price of shit. So guess what? I bet n o one wants that shit to still be here.

So that's goodbye I guess.

Bye

Last edited by Hypothesis.; October 15th 2015 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Please do not include weight numbers. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 15th 2015, 09:12 AM

don't ever think of hurting yourself. those who treat your badly aren't worth your time.

I'm very happy that you've decided to tell us what is going on... ranting about your problems and letting them out is the first and hardest step to getting better, and you've already done that step. Now, i want you to take up positive,calming interests such as music, reading, diary writing as well as stuff like meditation. That will help you to relax and see things from the bigger picture

Everyone suffers at some point ... but what i know is that everyone can overcome their source of suffering. So can you. And not everyone hates you.. i think you're someone who's nice, and i know that you're sweet. Don't hate yourself. You're your own best friend.. so don't treat yourself so badly. You deserve to love yourself.. so love yourself. Smile because you're you...

and there's no one else that's going to be more like you than you.

that's something to be proud of. i want to hear updates on your life because you deserve to feel better than how you're feeling now. I'm always just a pm away .

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 15th 2015, 09:26 PM

Hey there, I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds absolutely terrible! But trust me -- people do care for you. Your parents told you not to cut because they care for you and they think that that will help. They probably have never experienced depression before, so they don't know quite what to do and wetehr or not it's serious. I assure you that there are people who care for you and that you can make it through this.
Seek help from a professional, and try keeping a diary of how you're feeling. Whenever I'm feeling down, which is often, I draw and write how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking of next to it, and although at first it isn't so noticeable it does help me understand myself a little more and keep tracl of how I've been feeling.

All the best of luck,

Skye.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 15th 2015, 09:51 PM

Sometimes it can appear that people don't care, when really they just don't know how to help.

When this happens, you have to help yourself. I say this from experience.

Online tests are not particularly accurate, but if you are genuinely feeling severely depressed then it's time to seek professional help.

If you're in the US, where medical attention costs money, you might first want to consider speaking to someone like a school counsellor.

If your parents are reluctant to take you seriously, having a counsellor back you up might make them realise how much you're struggling.

There are further steps available, but you might find that talking to someone is enough to make you feel better.

On a side note, as hard as it is to eat when you feel down, not eating will only make you feel worse. So try and eat small amounts.

I hope you start to feel better about life.

~ Jasmine

Be kind to yourself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 15th 2015, 11:22 PM

Hi there,

I'm so sorry you are feeling so low right now but so glad that you have reached out to us here at Teenhelp. It sounds like things are really rough for you and I can understand things must be hard for you.

Do you know what is causing you to make you feel this way? Has something happened to trigger these feelings, thoughts and urges? If there has been something and you want to talk about it, know that we're here for you and we're willing to listen and to help you through it and that we won't judge you. But also know that if you don't feel ready to talk about it, if there is something, then that's okay too. We're not going to force you into anything. Just know when you are ready, we're here to help.

I know the urges to self harm can be hard to beat. Have you tried talking to anyone in real life? You don't have to talk to us but getting some counseling/therapy might help you or just talking to someone around you like a friend or a teacher? Seeking medical help might be useful if you feel you have a mental health problem although like already said, online tests are not accurate. Also using distractions can really help too. Sometimes we have to try things over and over again before finding ones which help us and it can get tiring but don't feel defeated; you will find ones that help you too. You just have to keep on trying.

Could you try writing a letter to your parents or sitting them down and talking to them when they aren't busy? I don't know whether it would help but maybe its worth a shot? You don't deserve to go through this alone and trust me, you aren't alone. If you were then I wouldn't be here replying. I care about you and so do other people. Okay? You can get through this hard time. It's not going to last forever and I honestly believe you can get through this so keep fighting and reach out for help when you need it.

Take good care,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 17th 2015, 12:29 AM

Hey there.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time but like Jessie, I'm also glad you reached out here.

Losing interest in things when you are feeling low is so common. Sometimes it can help to try and get yourself interested in something again though. What about exploring new hobbies and different interests? It can be anything. You never know when you'll find something you feel passionate towards that helps you through this. Not eating probably also feels easier when you feel so low but it can actually make you feel worse. If you can, try eating something small as Jasmine suggested, even if it's fruit like an apple or an orange. Anything healthy will contribute.

As it has been mentioned, online tests can be inaccurate. I am not suggesting that you aren't having intense negative feelings, I am just mentioning that difficult feelings can be a result of physical factors that contribute such as your diet, hormones, sleep etc. Many different factors can play into how you feel. Regardless, you are obviously having a really hard time and feel depressed. Which is why I suggest talking to your parents about seeing a psychiatrist if that is something you are interested in. You could be properly evaluated and diagnosed if you do have depression. Then from there you can be given advice and options to help you recover. Depression or not, your feelings matter. Either way, you matter.

Your parents seem to not understand. It seems like they care for you a lot but seeing as they asked you to simply not cut tells me that they aren't sure how to help you through this since they don't fully understand. It might be a good idea to sit down with them when they aren't busy like Jessie suggested, and explain to them. Explain self-harm and why you do it to help them understand better. You can even print out articles from the internet to show them so they'll be more educated therefore more able to help you through this. Plus, if they knew your triggers and how you feel, it could really help to have their support and someone to talk to when you're having difficult feelings and urges.

Seeing so many views and few replies is understandably upsetting especially when you express how much you are hurting. The thing is, just because there are few replies does not mean no one cares. Sometimes it means they aren't sure what to say or what advice to give that would be helpful to you, you know? I see some of your threads and I want to reply but I'm just not sure how to add on to what other users have already said to be helpful to you in terms of advice. Jessie is right though, if you were alone we wouldn't be here on your thread. We care.

We don't hate you and I highly doubt anyone else does even if their actions make you feel as they do. Just remember that the people who treat you badly are missing out on a chance to know a nice person. You are unique and you're here for a reason. You have a future and you do matter even if you don't always feel as you do. I realize you're having a really hard time right now. I acknowledge that and I'm sorry that you are. But you're stronger than you know and you can get through this, okay? You aren't alone. You can continue reaching out here. Just hold on because there'll be much better days ahead to make up for all these bad ones.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
David Armes Offline
Average Joe

Name: David Armes

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 21st 2015, 10:11 AM

Hi

Swearing makes things worse. How are you now, do you feel any better?

Don't say that you are going to give up, no one wants you to die.

Well done for saying to us though.

Take care

David Armes

always happy to help

keep positive

(#8 (permalink)) Old
The_Helper Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 21st 2015, 11:37 AM

Hey i dont wanna hate but why do you keep saying no one cares and no one wanna help you but have you considered helping yourself? look at it from this point your gonna live in this world for many years to come and if you keep needing others to help you out it wont work. Yet i understand the felling for support but ask yourself this why cant you make yourself feel good? why do you need others? i recormmend checking out videos made by iisuperwomanii on youtube some of her videos may help you though this and give you advice.
-The Helper

(#9 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moon

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 22nd 2015, 03:42 AM

What do you think I've done my whole life? Huh? I HAVE tried helping myself because no one's been there for me every time I got back up the world was there to shove my face back in the dirt. And swearing DOES help. I don't give a Damn about my life at this point

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Lizzy553 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 22nd 2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctors_Wolf View Post
What do you think I've done my whole life? Huh? I HAVE tried helping myself because no one's been there for me every time I got back up the world was there to shove my face back in the dirt. And swearing DOES help. I don't give a Damn about my life at this point
You're only 18. You have so much shit in front of you and you want to throw it all away because it's been bad up till this point?

Yeah. I get it. Life is hard. But that also means every success you have should feel more rewarding. And if your family doesn't care about you then find someone who will. And even if you can't that's fine, because the most important person who should care about you IS YOU. Don't give up because you don't like where you're going. Grow, adapt, etc. Remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 22nd 2015, 07:39 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry that you feel like no one cares about you, sometimes we can get to that point where it is the only thing we believe about people. But remember that no matter how bad things get, there will always be someone who cares, even if they don't tell you. There are those people who are silent carers so although they don't say anything, they really do care about you.

Your mum seems to not be taking what you say seriously, or just trying to ignore the problem and hope it goes away. I know a lot of people that do that but it never solves anything. Maybe you could try sitting down with her and explaining everything calmly and see what she says. If she doesn't listen, then you could talk to a counsellor or a trusted adult to get what you need to say out there, and that way there will be someone who you can talk to and they can help you physically.

Having alternatives to cutting would be a good idea so you don't get the urge so much. You shouldn't have the motivation of 'I don't want to cut because my mum doesn't want me to'. That motivation never lasts long and something will go wrong in that thinking. Maybe having the motivation of 'I don't want to cut because it is bad for me, or it doesn't achieve anything useful, only harmful'. Cutting can seem like the only alternative sometimes and it is also addictive, but in the long run it is not actually going to help solve anything apart from hurt you more. Instead of cutting you could try drawing on a sheet of paper, or even yourself if you want to, to help get the feeling of cutting out. You could also do exercise, or play an instrument if you can. Even putting it off and saying I will cut in 15 minutes if I still feel the need to, and just keep going in 15 minutes.

I hope you are staying safe and it all goes well for you
Remember, it will get better but it can never get better if you aren't alive for it to.
Stay strong ❤❤

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 22nd 2015, 07:43 AM

You are so young. and i know that despite all the harsh moments you'll be able to pull through. Those who bring you down don't even begin to matter. You deserve better than to go through this. There are others who will appreciate you more.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'M FUCKING DONE - October 23rd 2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctors_Wolf View Post
Perhaps instead of focusing on posts or comments that aggravate you, focus on the kind words of the people who bothered to spend a lot of time writing out long replies to you (Jessie, Ellie, Hilary, etc.).

Be kind to yourself.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread