TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Messed up moods - December 4th 2015, 05:17 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Not sure how long this has been going on for. I've only really became aware of it recently. But my moods are just messed up.

For a few days i feel really bad, then for a few days i feel alright. Today i feel bad. Yesterday i felt bad then good then numb then happy. Something did happen yesterday though. On Wednesday, Tuesday and Monday i felt bad. It normally follows a similar pattern every week. Im not sure why. Sometimes my moods seem mixed too.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Messed up moods - December 4th 2015, 06:56 PM

Hello sam

I think that for you, what you should do is to break away from the patterns that you're facing by doing something good for yourself Perhaps your feelings might have something to do with the same thing happening over plenty of weeks. Or perhaps there were some thoughts playing around in your subconscious .. or there might be some sort of problem on your mind that you're trying to avoid that keeps knocking at the back of your head.

but what i do know is that if you experience bad feelings or if you feel down, these feelings can be dealt with by positive measures, and happier activities. It's also good to remember that no matter what challenge you're facing, all of it can be overcome. All of it can be beat by your mental strength, and things will get better for you.

I want to hear more about your situation so that i can help you more. Remember that you can Pm me anytime!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Messed up moods - December 4th 2015, 07:38 PM

Hi I experience something very similar. I understand it and I know it can be strange or scary at times. I believe that it's some sort of mental disorder but I don't recommend trying to diagnose yourself as I've tried before. I would recommend talking to a mental health professional although I understand it can be hard to do.

You're not alone. If you ever need to talk you can pm me anytime. I usually respond pretty quickly. Good luck and hope you're doing well.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Re: Messed up moods - December 4th 2015, 08:57 PM

Right now i only enjoy doing pixel art. Which i only do and enjoy when i feel like it, which isnt much. :/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Messed up moods - December 4th 2015, 10:46 PM

Hey, Sam!

There are a lot of different physical factors that can contribute to fluctuating moods; for instance, hormones. Then there are mood disorders as well. You may or may not be struggling with one, and that's why it might be best to speak to a mental health professional for an evaluation. Hopefully knowing the cause would be closure, and then you can explore ways to help you cope and hopefully reduce the intensity or amount of mood swings. Some mental health professionals are reluctant to diagnose a person under 18, though. Since their emotional ups and downs can be as a result from the normal hormones of the teenage years.

Either way, no matter the cause - I am sorry you struggle with this. It must be really hard to deal with such often changes in your mood, since nothing feels constant. Have you found anything that helps you feel better when you are experiencing low moods? I know you enjoy pixel art, does that help you? I know it can be hard to gain motivation, but sometimes taking action to do what makes you feel happy can make a big difference.

Take care and hang in there. You can get through this!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Re: Messed up moods - December 4th 2015, 11:25 PM

Thanks.

Pixel art helps me feel a bit better. I normally dont feel like doing it when in a low mood, but i did a bit today.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Messed up moods - December 5th 2015, 05:22 AM

Pixel art can be a fun thing to do It's also better if you get into more stuffs! the more things you're into , the better and happier things will be

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread