TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JustSophie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sophie

Bad days; what to do? - May 5th 2016, 03:47 PM

What do I do when the bad days show up? I'm mainly able to have considerably decent and happier days since my treatment again, but every once in a while a spell of depression will strike me. Right now I'm sick and that's happened long but I'm not able to go home from school and work on my computer and take breaks to rest and cry. Instead every support is telling me to keep going and I'll feel better by the end of the day. Is this what you have to do? Will I never get to rest?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Bad days; what to do? - May 5th 2016, 03:54 PM

Hello and welcome

What' you're experiencing is called relapsing, and it's a common part of the recovery process. I think that there's some sort of trigger or memory that sort of starts the depressive mode once you think about it or come across it, and to fully overcome it you'll need to really think positive , and also make peace with whatever caused your depressive mode. But the good news is that if you keep fighting and improving, you'll be able to overcome what made you feel down.. and get to rest and relax. I suggest some nice music, some good times with friends and more distractions and more things to look forward to.

The more your body and brain goes into the rhythm of doing things which will enable you to enjoy life as well as really be happy and focused, the less these sort of negative thoughts or triggers will affect you and the happier your days will be too.

Best of luck, and if you need advice or just a friend to rant to about your days.. I'll always be around. Count on me!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JustSophie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sophie

Re: Bad days; what to do? - May 5th 2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
Hello and welcome

What' you're experiencing is called relapsing, and it's a common part of the recovery process. I think that there's some sort of trigger or memory that sort of starts the depressive mode once you think about it or come across it, and to fully overcome it you'll need to really think positive , and also make peace with whatever caused your depressive mode. But the good news is that if you keep fighting and improving, you'll be able to overcome what made you feel down.. and get to rest and relax. I suggest some nice music, some good times with friends and more distractions and more things to look forward to.

The more your body and brain goes into the rhythm of doing things which will enable you to enjoy life as well as really be happy and focused, the less these sort of negative thoughts or triggers will affect you and the happier your days will be too.

Best of luck, and if you need advice or just a friend to rant to about your days.. I'll always be around. Count on me!
Thank you so much
I have decided to continue on with my day at school instead of hiding out in the counselors office lol. I have only missed two classes and that's okay, it's less than usual for a day like today

Here I come school and people!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Bad days; what to do? - May 5th 2016, 04:05 PM

That's great! And I also think that its better for you to get involved in particularly fun things where you'll get to meet more lovely people - these people will really show you joyful, stress-free days. Don't doubt yourself and get involved in plenty of things!

I'm proud of you because of your positive attitude It's only going to get better. Go get em!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread