TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

dont know - May 16th 2016, 11:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DarkOrchid"][size="3"]I don't know...I feel so bad but I don't know how I feel. Ive been crying a lot since I found out Saturday. And now I'm sat here in the train station not wanting to go home because I feel vulnerable and don't want more stress from being unable to hide my emotions well enough.
It isn't helping that my father is out of state so I'm left with lots of chores that no one will do if I don't and I can't get them to do housework all of a sudden when it has always been me and my dad doing it plus occasionally someone else

I'm scared something bad is going to happen to him. I miss him but I also know that when he comes home he Wong necessarily be emotionally supportive to me. He may or may not. But I still feel if he is here he would be more safe .
I'm thinking about everything and just want to disappear

I feel isolated and the feeling of being unwanted is really strong and like...I don't know.
I feel like I could have been more supportive or something.
She was such a sweet person.
Don't want to believe she is really gone but she is.

I feel like an awful friend

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Memories. Offline
The Little Fox
Not a n00b

Re: dont know - May 17th 2016, 12:36 AM

I don't think you're an awful friend hun.
I know how that is though - Every time I've lost someone, I felt like an awful person and that I could've done more. It's hard to lose someone important, or just in general.

I can also understand your fear about something happening to your dad. Especially after losing someone else. I was the same way for a while after my step dad passed.
I hope everything will be ok.

As for the housework, just do what you can, when you can. Don't put more pressure on yourself than you can handle. If you start feeling too upset, then just take a break and maybe nap or watch a movie. Your health is more important than those chores.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: dont know - May 29th 2016, 05:47 AM

You were never an awful friend. If you've lost someone, most of the times its not something you could have stopped... the person was probably going through a lot of bad stuff to begin with, and there's nothing for you to overthink about.. just know that this friend of yours would have wanted you to be happy, and its better for you to remember that she'll always be with you in spirit. there's also some things that just happen whether we want it or not. That guy might have some problems of his own that might have contributed to how he's feeling right now:

Don't blame yourself because there's no part of you that should be feeling guilty . You've always been a good friend, and you'll always be: You've never done anything without first considering the feelings of those around you and how your actions might have affected them: There's no reason for you to really overthink about these sorta things As long as you've tried your best that's good enough.

You're miles better than you think you are: And nothing can change that.. nothing at all!

If you need a friend to be around or just someone to rant to, you can always count on me.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: dont know - June 5th 2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories. View Post
I don't think you're an awful friend hun.
I know how that is though - Every time I've lost someone, I felt like an awful person and that I could've done more. It's hard to lose someone important, or just in general.

I can also understand your fear about something happening to your dad. Especially after losing someone else. I was the same way for a while after my step dad passed.
I hope everything will be ok.

As for the housework, just do what you can, when you can. Don't put more pressure on yourself than you can handle. If you start feeling too upset, then just take a break and maybe nap or watch a movie. Your health is more important than those chores.
Thank you, hope you're okay too these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
That guy might have some problems of his own that might have contributed to how he's feeling right now
He's not "that guy" He's my father. I introduced him as my father. Please stick to what information I offered instead of finding ways to make fun of him such as using insulting names to refer to him nor did you ask if I was okay with calling him. Thank you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: dont know - June 5th 2016, 05:28 PM

Hey,
I'm sorry to hear that. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. But you're not an awful friend. Sometimes things are beyond your control. Do you think you can talk to your father on Skype or the phone, if that will help you? Or is there someone else you would like to talk to?
I know it hurts and that you're probably going through hell (mildly put), but it will get better. You are a great person, and not an awful friend.
Message me if you want to chat.

Closed Thread