TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WillB Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs down Friendless - May 19th 2009, 04:42 AM

Text:
Me:. you are hard to get ahold of haha
J:. what do you need
me:. (bitch) haha just wanted to chat.
j:. about?
me:. (omg) the weather, tv, dane cook, dimitri, biking, school, 24...
j:. srry ive been pretty busy. work has been kicking my ass
me:. i just dont want it to seem like i just want to be there going places. want to be friends but dont know how to say it without sounding cheesy lol.
j: .oh okay. well im sorry ive been pretty busy. more than anticipated.

Lies. No one in the face of this planet is that busy not to accept a 2 minute phonecall or 2 minuts of texting.

I am sick and tired of trying to make friends. I've been so focused on that. It's emotional effect on me is getting in the way of my so called life. it's hard, but i have to change my outlook on life.

My life philosophy my belief in the meaning of life is living and connecting with friends. But I have to accept the reality that I can't have friends. Like the dreams of a paralized person to walk on his own again, I have to face reality. The only thing certain about mankind is that there is nothing kind about man. People are inherantly evil . I am tired of living on this planet. Interaction with these humans have been corrupting me as long as I've been trying to care. The only way to purge myself is to not care. Perhaps that is the ultimate corruption. The destruction of me caring. Perhaps removing myself from humanity, I can cleanse myself of their taint.

Maybe I have to accept I CANT be friends with anyone I met before. I've tried to reach out to many people i knew only to be ignored.

The irony is I am reaching out here, to humanity, for help. I have no idea what assistance can be done. The only thing you can really say is give people a second chance. And I am sick and tired of giving chance after chance.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Friendless - May 19th 2009, 04:50 AM

Hey there,

I understand the frustation that come from trying to improve things with people and feeling like you're running into a brick wall over and over again.

But that doesn't mean you should give up.

Brick walls have to fall over at some point. Give up and then there's no way they will.

I'm really sorry that the people you've met so far haven't been as kind as humanity can prove to surprisingly be. Yeah, I am going to say give people a second chance - even if it's just not those people.

And hey, wanna be friends?

p.s. One of my favorite quotes from Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens, said by character Newman Noggs: Don't ever leave off hopin'. It don't answer.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WillB Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Friendless - May 19th 2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer View Post
Hey there,

I understand the frustation that come from trying to improve things with people and feeling like you're running into a brick wall over and over again.

But that doesn't mean you should give up.

Brick walls have to fall over at some point. Give up and then there's no way they will.

I'm really sorry that the people you've met so far haven't been as kind as humanity can prove to surprisingly be. Yeah, I am going to say give people a second chance - even if it's just not those people.

And hey, wanna be friends?

p.s. One of my favorite quotes from Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens, said by character Newman Noggs: Don't ever leave off hopin'. It don't answer.
The only unkindness they've done is find me unworthy to talk with in a usual way. I emailed someone about some songs and how his surgery went. i got a list of songs but no other text in his email. I messaged someone a question and never got an answer back. I call someone and they don't call back. And it's not like i've angered them in any way. Just in their culture they find people like me worthless.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Friendless - May 19th 2009, 05:11 AM

Well then their culture sucks.

And you definitely don't.

But hey, I promise, there are people out there who aren't like that. I've thankfully had the priveledge of meeting a few of them

And you're definitely NOT worthless. Not from what I've seen. I'm so sorry that you're feeling that way - I deal with bouts of that occasionally, from a similar situation, kind of, with my family, so I understand how much that can hurt.

But please, please know that you don't deserve that. And that you deserve to be with people who'll remind you of that, too. Keep at it, and you'll find them eventually. Or I might just have to mail some of the ones I've found to you or something...

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillB Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Friendless - May 19th 2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Well then their culture sucks.

And you definitely don't.

But hey, I promise, there are people out there who aren't like that. I've thankfully had the priveledge of meeting a few of them

And you're definitely NOT worthless. Not from what I've seen. I'm so sorry that you're feeling that way - I deal with bouts of that occasionally, from a similar situation, kind of, with my family, so I understand how much that can hurt.

But please, please know that you don't deserve that. And that you deserve to be with people who'll remind you of that, too. Keep at it, and you'll find them eventually. Or I might just have to mail some of the ones I've found to you or something...
haha... well, i have to deserve it somehow if i happened to push away everyone i ever met. I have to give up. I have to focus on other things at the moment. I can't rely on other people for mutual happiness. I need to learn that i can have fun without people. yea, not having anyone to go to NYC with sucks. But that should not prevent me from going there by myself for fun. If I want to go on a roadtrip by myself, I should do it. I have to submit to the risks of doing things alone, like taking NY mass tranist in the middle of the night, or take the risk of getting injured skiing while there by myself. Waiting to have friends to do all this doesn't work. I have to unlearn that living is living through friends. I have to learn that i can enjoy life being by myself. it's not that i am giving up. I am just done reaching out. if people reach out to me. I'll gladly share my life. But I am done pandering to people.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Friendless - May 19th 2009, 05:30 AM

Okay, I think that sounds like a relatively acceptable attitude... just make sure you stay a proper distance away from cynicism, okay? If you get to close it can bite.

Maybe you'll meet people in NYC, just a thought...

Be careful with the mass transit!!!!!!! Though, this is coming from someone who at one point was afraid to cross city streets... I wanna hear about any escapades you have

And hey, have fun in NYC

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
WillB Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Friendless - May 19th 2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Okay, I think that sounds like a relatively acceptable attitude... just make sure you stay a proper distance away from cynicism, okay? If you get to close it can bite.

Maybe you'll meet people in NYC, just a thought...

Be careful with the mass transit!!!!!!! Though, this is coming from someone who at one point was afraid to cross city streets... I wanna hear about any escapades you have

And hey, have fun in NYC
i might.. But i am not caring anymore. i learned my lesson

(#8 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Friendless - May 19th 2009, 05:49 AM

hmm... sometimes, life gets surprising and decides to give us more homework. Maybe there's still more to learn.

Just saying...

I just wouldn't recommend ceasing to care at all. Especially if it's been a part of you. Because that's a really nice something to have be a part of you. Unfortunately, the "world" sometimes isn't so nice to the innocence in it. Doesn't mean that the belief the good that can come out just as strongly in people should break in the face of that.

There's also another quote (sorry, I've been working on a speech for something, so my "quote reservoire" has kind of been on-call in my mind lately) that I really like but which I'm pretty sure I'm paraphrasing, something like "it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread