TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NamelessOne Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,451, Level: 9 Points: 4,451, Level: 9 Points: 4,451, Level: 9

Unhappy Lonely oh so Lonely - May 20th 2016, 06:30 AM

There are a lot of posts just like this so bear with me.

For a solid amount of time I have wanted someone special in my life . I just felt like the right person would appear and if they were right, they'd show signs that they are interested in me. I wamt a relationship but my coworkers are all older than me (by a good 5+ years) and the people at my school that seem really cool to start a relationship with don't have any interest in having a relationship. So I'm stuck with no options and even though I have all the most desired physical traits (I found this through poles), I'm a generally a nice guy when I am not angry or frustrated, and I'm approachable but no one seems to want to talk to me. The only people that do are my friends and not so often my friends' friends. I guess I need either emotional support or hidden secrets in getting a girlfriend. I really don't want to wait to have my first relationship in college (I have 1 more year left of High school). I haven't dated once but I want/ need some experience.

Btw, I often use the excuse: Dating just cost too much when the topic of relationships is brought up. I know it's weak. But it was to advoid the shame of no experience what so ever.

P.S. Just in case you were wondering how I can give advice is because I am very observant and insightful. I use other's relationships and human behaviour to lend aid.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Destroyprophecy Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,068, Level: 10 Points: 5,068, Level: 10 Points: 5,068, Level: 10

Re: Lonely oh so Lonely - May 20th 2016, 03:51 PM

I understand how you feel i was going through the same thing a while back until i finally found someone. It may take some more time which ik can be hard but eventually you will find someone. I believe that you will find someone in college everyone is much more mature there trust me you dont want to have a horrible first
relationship its better
r to wait for me my first boyfriend cheated on me so it was not worth rushing into.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DrewMitchling Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Drew Mitch

Points: 4,453, Level: 9 Points: 4,453, Level: 9 Points: 4,453, Level: 9

Re: Lonely oh so Lonely - May 21st 2016, 05:47 AM

I've pretty much convinced myself that relationships are overrated.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Lonely oh so Lonely - May 21st 2016, 02:22 PM

Hey there,

You sound like a nice guy and before you know it I'm sure you'll meet the right person. There is no sense in rushing to meet someone when you have all the time in the world. Just be yourself and I'm sure the right girl will come along soon enough, the more you want something the longer it seems to take to come to you. You're young, go out and have fun with your friends, make new friends and soon enough you'll meet someone special, just be patient.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
baconmonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11 Points: 6,393, Level: 11

Re: Lonely oh so Lonely - May 22nd 2016, 02:39 AM

Hey man don't worry I know how you feel. I'v only had 1 serious relationship in high school. I didn't even kiss my first girl till I was 18...

You're not alone man, if you ever need to talk let me know you can private message me.

On a side note, how do you know they're not interested in relationships? If you want my advice, find a girl you have something in common with, and find a right opportunity to approach her. For example, you see a girl reading a book you like (or havn't read for that matter), you can ask her how the book is so far, start up a conversation from there, throw in a couple compliments to. Or, next time you're in line for lunch, if there is a cute girl by you start up a conversation, not much else you can do while waiting in line.

With compliments to girls, don't over do it, you can compliment their jewelry, or there style. Not sure if this is true, but girls like to be complimented on their natural features, such as eyes (Don't compliment their butt or tit size of course).

For the loneliness, I know what helps me is to talk to my friends. Most of the time I don't tell them how I feel, but we have a lot of fun hanging out. You can also exercise, or even something as simple as playing video games.

Good luck my friend!
Closed Thread