TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Trying to find my energy again? - October 12th 2016, 06:09 PM

I'm afraid my depression is coming back, but since I know whats going on unlike last time, I'm just gonna fight this somehow...
The problem is, I'm compleately out of energy, but I figured the energy has to be somewhere in my body, I just can't use it because of depression or whatsoever and so I wanted to ask if maybe someone here knows how to become more energetic again till this has passed?
Because I think it's partly due to the dark weather so it definitely will pass but I can't simply wait it out cause I need all the energy I can get together for my courses and work (once I find a job).

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Trying to find my energy again? - October 12th 2016, 10:33 PM

I understand how you're feeling, I suffer with a lack of energy when I start feeling down as well. Sometimes it's worth giving yourself a few days to regain physical energy again, since you can find that sometmes diminishes too! Get a couple of nights good sleep, keep warm, and drink lots to keep your health up.

You could try doing a bit of light eercise if you're feeling up to it! It's actually supposed to make you feel happier, so going for a short walk or jog may help you feel like your head is a bit clearer. I find what helps me, too, is focusing on the future rather than now. Find something to work for! If it's courses, focus on the long term goals and the aims you have so it gives you something to be motivated for. If it's work consider the money you'll get at the end of te month if you stick with it - what will you spend it on?

In the mean time, take it bit by bit. Don't force yourself to spend hours at a time working because you'll find it even harder than you already do. Spend maybe 20 minutes to half an hour working on something and then take a short break! Have a cup of tea, get some air, stretch your legs, and then carry on for a bit longer.

There's no rush. Take it as it comes, but you're right, don't just come to a stop. Life keeps going and you'll find it easier to kepe up with how fast it all moves if you take it at your own pace, as long as you keep on going.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Trying to find my energy again? - October 14th 2016, 05:35 PM

Thanks a lot Hollie!
First I thought, how the hell is light exercise going to help me have more energy, if I'm already lacking it?, but today I gave it a try, instead of taking the bus I walked to an appointment and it worked. I've been feeling so much better afterwards and for the rest of the day I actually felt awake and able to do stuff
So again, thanks! This helped so much! I guess in the futur I will get of the bus one or two stops early and just walk the rest of the way. It's not much but I think it might be just the thing I need to stay attentive in my courses!

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

Closed Thread