TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Azur35h4d0w Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,998, Level: 9 Points: 3,998, Level: 9 Points: 3,998, Level: 9

My little brother is being bullied and I do not know what to do. - September 5th 2016, 07:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My brother gets bullied and I don't know what to do.
My brother is 14 and I'm 18.
My brother gets bullied really badly as he's a bit fluffy(fat), he does not know how to defend himself (neither do I because I am a pacifist) and a bit of a wimp.
He is really depressed and keeps crying all the time and I feel very sorry for him, but I don't know what to do.
He claws at his face and hands and has scabs and scars all over.
I can't fight his battles for him nor should I and even if I wanted to, I am currently in college.
My parents have been into the school lots of times for meetings with his teachers but that still does not stop the bullying.
My brother is a nice person and I dont want him to go down the suicide route. Do you have any advice on what my brother can do or what I should do to help him.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,797, Level: 37 Points: 67,797, Level: 37 Points: 67,797, Level: 37

Re: My little brother is being bullied and I do not know what to do. - September 5th 2016, 08:53 PM

I was bullied through all my school years from primary/elementary right through to senior school/secondary school. I think the best thing you can for your brother at the moment is simply be there for him and listen to him and support him. It might be an idea for your brother to like tke something up like karate or similar sport as this will like help to him to learn self defence and wil help him with his confidence.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My little brother is being bullied and I do not know what to do. - September 6th 2016, 08:16 PM

Like it's been said, I think being there for your brother can really help. Maybe you can see if he wants to talk about what he's going through, or how he's feeling. You can even spend time with him without talking. Perhaps the two of you can see a movie, play a board game, or just sit and be present together. Even if you don't talk about what's going on, your presence can help to remind him that he's not alone and you're here for him.

You could consider showing him resources or you can give him a list of alternatives, or hotlines. Maybe you can encourage your brother to write about he's feeling, through a blog, or a journal. He can also express himself through poetry or drawing. Does your brother have any hobbies? It might help if he pursues them or looks into new ones to keep busy.

Is it possible for your brother to transfer to another school? I know going to a new school is scary, and it's an adjustment but maybe it could give him a fresh start.

I really hope things improve for your brother.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread