TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

lost - November 26th 2016, 10:17 PM

I had a lot I wanted to write, but right now I'm just really depressed. And for awhile I thought I was happy, but I don't think I really was. I have an anxiety disorder and it's being a pain. Being sad and anxiety is an awful mix. I just don't know what to do

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: lost - November 26th 2016, 11:52 PM

Hi there,

First of all I want to welcome you to TeenHelp!

I'm sorry that you're feeling that way. Feeling down and alone is always tough. You should try and distract your mind to try and get rid of the thoughts. Things will get better. I used to believe that when someone said that, that it wasn't true. However, recently things have gotten better and now I believe that things will get better. Have you tried talking to someone? You can always try calling one of the helplines.

We are always here for you. I do hope that you start feeling better. I highly recommending talking to a doctor or therapist so they can help you come up with a plan.

Stay strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Re: lost - November 27th 2016, 03:09 AM

I have an appointment with a therapist in December. I have yet to actually find a therapist who has completely been able to help me, but I haven't been able to be completely honest with them. I don't know how to make myself vulnerable, so I just kind of boil up inside.... I don't know. I'm trying to hang on, especially until this new appointment, but I don't know if it will even work out....

(#4 (permalink)) Old
IttyBittyHelper Offline
You're my other interest <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rumisha

Re: lost - November 27th 2016, 07:16 PM

Hey! I'm genuinely sorry that you are going through this. I'm not medically diagnosed with anxiety or depression so I'm not going to tell you that I know how you feel or whatnot. However, I have had points in my life where I felt like I was experiencing many emotions and thoughts at once and I didn't really know how I was feeling during those moments, but I know it wasn't positive.

The good thing is that you're trying new ways to try to feel better. It's hard to figure out what you want or how to feel happy when you aren't even sure of how you're feeling in the moment. It's even harder opening up to people when you're used to just keeping most of your thoughts and emotions to yourself. But you're still hanging on, aren't you? Even if you aren't sure if this new therapist is going to work or not, you're still putting yourself out there and trying, right?

I may not be going through the same things that you are, but when I feel lost, stressed, or overwhelmed, I usually try to change something up in my life or focus on something. Sometimes if I'm feeling down, I'll go out to a park by myself, or I'll attend an event or go somewhere I've never been before. Sometimes I like to lock myself up and focus on drawing or I'll just listen to music. No method works 100% all the time, but something will eventually help make me feel better.

I guess my point is that, even if you feel like something isn't going to work, try it anyways or try something new. Personally for me, trying something new and meeting new people has always made me feel better, whether it be temporarily or not. And this may not work for you because we're obviously two different people, but who knows?

Best of luck with your appointment in December love, and if you need someone to talk to, I'm always here

"You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head...but I'll tell you a secret...all of the best people are." Alice In Wonderland.
Message me if you ever need any advice or just someone to talk to.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: lost - December 1st 2016, 08:40 PM

Hey there.

I am sorry you are going through all of this at the moment and feeling the way you are doing. However, it's great you've recognised it and have been able to come to us here at Teenhelp for some help and support.

Truth is, when we all go through something like this, we never know what or who can help so it really is about trial and error. It's about meeting therapists and trying to work with them for a while and if they don't help, then change and try again. And the same with skills and distractions. Not everything out there is going to work for you. Just because having a bath helps me for example, does not mean it will help you. So you have to keep trying old and new things to find the things that will help you. Do you currently use any skills or distractions? It might also be helpful to look into some relaxation techniques and mindfulness to help you with anxiety. I know I do these for my anxiety and they have been really helpful. Again, it might not all work for you but there are so many techniques out there, it' about trying different ones.

Talking can really help because then people around you can help and support you. Even friends and family and us here as well as your therapist. Having a good and stable support network can be incredibly beneficial and I think that is really important.

I know this is hard right now but it will get better. Keep trying things and always know you're welcome to talk to us here. You are NEVER alone in this and we will always do what we can to help and support you in any way. You deserve help and deserve to feel better so keep fighting for it. It won't be an easy fight but it will be worth it.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread