TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thelonelyqueer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eliot

Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9

Unhappy I am scared for my boyfriend's life... - December 9th 2016, 03:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I need advice. I am very scared recently because of someone very close to me has been depressed, wanting to self harm, etc. I am worried that one of these days he is going to do something and one Monday I will come into school and he won't be there. I love this boy to pieces and I worry about him so much all the time. He literally is my everything. He is the reason why I decided to recover myself. Now I am worried about him. We are both in an emotional support class in school where there is a therapist in the room and things and I have informed her that he has been suicidal/wanting to self harm. They know that he isnt doing well, but I still am scared. I am so scared to lose him. I have had so much loss in my life. My father committed suicide when I was 6, lost quite a few other family members (almost all suddenly) and I have had a lot of other things that have happened to me. What do I do? I need to be sure he stays safe but I also need to be sure that I MYSELF will stay safe and that I wont jump to conclusions. Please give me advice, thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10

Re: I am scared for my boyfriend's life... - December 9th 2016, 06:23 PM

Hi Elliot,

I think you are doing a great job already by talking to the therapist! I think that the therapist will hopefully pull him aside and chat with him. Never worry about jumping to conclusions when you think somebody might suicidal, always telling someone is a very good option.

I know you are worried. I think that you should make sure (if you can) be a healthy support for him. He cannot get help unless he wants to but make sure that he knows that he is loved and cared for, which it sounds like you do.

If you do find out that he has an immediate plan. Let the therapist or any adult know. You could also always call emergency services on him. Just so that they do a welfare check.

I know this is a scary situation but it will be okay. If you ever need anything or just want to chat, I'm here for you! Stay Strong. Xx
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
EchoSmith2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,754, Level: 9 Points: 3,754, Level: 9 Points: 3,754, Level: 9

Re: I am scared for my boyfriend's life... - December 10th 2016, 01:54 PM

I've been through something similar with someone in the same position as you are in currently, my advice would be to tell you school/college therapist again about how you are feeling about this situation and how it is scaring you and how worried you are. Talk to your parents if you have a close bond with them and if you feel like you can confide in them. If you can talk to him personally about it with him, say how you are worried about him and how you feel about him.
Closed Thread