TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Triggering (Suicide): I am scared for my boyfriend's life... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t148894-i-am-scared-my-boyfriends-life/)

thelonelyqueer December 9th 2016 03:34 PM

I am scared for my boyfriend's life...

I need advice. I am very scared recently because of someone very close to me has been depressed, wanting to self harm, etc. I am worried that one of these days he is going to do something and one Monday I will come into school and he won't be there. I love this boy to pieces and I worry about him so much all the time. He literally is my everything. He is the reason why I decided to recover myself. Now I am worried about him. We are both in an emotional support class in school where there is a therapist in the room and things and I have informed her that he has been suicidal/wanting to self harm. They know that he isnt doing well, but I still am scared. I am so scared to lose him. I have had so much loss in my life. My father committed suicide when I was 6, lost quite a few other family members (almost all suddenly) and I have had a lot of other things that have happened to me. What do I do? I need to be sure he stays safe but I also need to be sure that I MYSELF will stay safe and that I wont jump to conclusions. Please give me advice, thank you. :):):hug::D

Chaotic_ December 9th 2016 06:23 PM

Re: I am scared for my boyfriend's life...

Hi Elliot,

I think you are doing a great job already by talking to the therapist! I think that the therapist will hopefully pull him aside and chat with him. Never worry about jumping to conclusions when you think somebody might suicidal, always telling someone is a very good option.

I know you are worried. I think that you should make sure (if you can) be a healthy support for him. He cannot get help unless he wants to but make sure that he knows that he is loved and cared for, which it sounds like you do.

If you do find out that he has an immediate plan. Let the therapist or any adult know. You could also always call emergency services on him. Just so that they do a welfare check.

I know this is a scary situation but it will be okay. If you ever need anything or just want to chat, I'm here for you! Stay Strong. Xx

EchoSmith2016 December 10th 2016 01:54 PM

Re: I am scared for my boyfriend's life...

I've been through something similar with someone in the same position as you are in currently, my advice would be to tell you school/college therapist again about how you are feeling about this situation and how it is scaring you and how worried you are. Talk to your parents if you have a close bond with them and if you feel like you can confide in them. If you can talk to him personally about it with him, say how you are worried about him and how you feel about him.