TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sage

Post sigh - December 28th 2016, 08:37 AM

I feel like I'm being sucked into a black hole, and the more I struggle to get out, the more I'm sucked in.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: sigh - December 28th 2016, 04:50 PM

Hi Sage,

Sometimes life gets hard, trust me I understand the feeling. I also feel like sometimes it's tough to confide in some people, especially when they have never gone through mental health issues before.

The way I see it is that reaching out for help is your first step into recovery. Do your parents know that you're feeling this way?

Just remember that you're going through a dark hole right now, but there's always a light at the end. Don't give up. Sometime good will come afterwards!

Stay Strong!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

Re: sigh - December 30th 2016, 01:16 AM

I know how you feel. Life gets really hard sometimes, and it feels the more you try to fix it, the more broken it gets. My advice to you is to tell people around you. Whether it be your parents or friends, or anyone close around you. It's hard to take that first step, but life always is better after.

If you ever just need someone to talk to, fell free to PM me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: sigh - January 1st 2017, 11:50 AM

Hey, Sage!

Sadly, life can be really hard. Many things, sometimes major things go wrong; and no matter which way you turn it feels like there's no way out, and the more you try the more discouraging it can be. I understand how this would be a very difficult and seemingly endless feeling to get out of. Which is why I'd like to reassure you that you won't always feel this way. You'll be able to breathe again.

Is it okay if I ask what is happening in your life to make you feel this way? I understand if you don't quite feel comfortable sharing, but if you are then we're more than happy to listen, alright? Sometimes simply letting out all the stressful thoughts and feelings that have been getting to you can help a lot. I have the same question as Brittany; have you talked to your parents? I'm not sure of your relationship with your parents, but I do recommend confiding in your parents and/or at least someone in your life. Having support and knowing you have a shoulder to lean on when it gets tough can be comforting and encouraging.

On the subject of personal hobbies and enjoyments, does anything else help you with this feeling you're having? Relaxation methods and therapeutic hobbies such as journaling, creative writing, coloring, or just simply sitting with a pet. Pets have a way of making you smile and forget about your troubles for a moment.

Things may seem bleak as the night sky while you're feeling like this but always keep in mind that you can get through this because the sun always rises. Allow yourself to feel and process what you're going through, but don't give up, okay? I hope you start feeling better soon, Sage. You're welcome to message me if you'd like someone to talk to.

Closed Thread