TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bry

I dont wanna be here anymore - January 10th 2017, 07:34 AM

Like the title says, i just really dont want to be here anymore.
I don't have a bad life or anything, I'm just tired... of so many things. I'm emotionally and physically tired. Tired of myself, tired of the way i look, who i am, tired of being here, tired of breathing, tired of being a disappointment, tired of hating myself. Tired of not knowing how to get better.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: I dont wanna be here anymore - January 10th 2017, 03:46 PM

It sounds like you've been feeling this way for a long time. Being constantly tired of everything - yourself and everything you might have once loved must be incredibly draining. I'm really sorry that you're feeling like this. Especially with not really knowing how to help yourself. Does anyone you're close to know about how you're feeling? That you've had this constant exhaustion for everything? I think talking to people you trust that care about you is a good way to start. Sometimes getting help from others can really help and talking through what's going on, and when you started to feel like this.

We're all humans and none of us are alike. We're all different and we make mistakes. I don't think that makes you a disappointment. Mistakes are so normal and you shouldn't have to feel like you're disappointing people by sometimes making a few mistakes here and there. With your self image I know that is something that a lot of people struggle with, myself included, but you're the only you out there and you are unique and beautiful in your own way. Don't compare yourself to others as comparison is just the thief of joy.

If you ever want to talk further you can always PM me too. Take care!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: I dont wanna be here anymore - January 10th 2017, 05:43 PM

Hi Bry,

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you find the support you're looking for.

I'm really sorry that you're going through this difficult time right now. I know how tough and exhausting it can be. Have you talked to a counselor or therapist at all? Does your doctor know how you've been feeling? I hid my feelings for so many years, and I lived many years being depressed and lonely. It was a scary place and I completely understand where you're coming from with that.

When I eventually reached out and talked to my doctor how I was feeling I started going through different medication combinations since I was diagnosed with Bipolar. So I highly recommend that you reach out to your doctor and let them know exactly how you're feeling. If you're not completely open then they really won't be able to properly help you

You should start taking time for yourself, do things you enjoy. For me I enjoy walking my dog, watching funny TV/movies, listening to music, and exercising. I highly recommend exercising as it releases endorphins in your body which eventually reaches the part of your brain that controls the blockage of pain and controls your emotions. They then release positive feeling in the body that will help you feel better.

I've started exercising more and I find it really helps me! I hope it helps you as well. I really do hope you start feeling better. Don't forget we are all here for you. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Stay strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I dont wanna be here anymore - January 10th 2017, 08:13 PM

Hey Bry,
I am so sorry you are having a difficult time right now. Life can be a very hard thing for some people. I know it is for me some of them time. I know you say you don't want to be here anymore but trust me life does get better all of the things you are feeling right now will go away with time. You just have to fight through it, it is worth it in the end. You are still very young you have your whole life to look forward too.

You say you are emotionally and physically tired. I know all to well on how this feels. I would recommend that you take some time out of your day and try and figure out what emotions you are truly feeling and then try and sit with each emotions for a little bit of time and then see how you feel and maybe try and figure out a way that you can make yourself feel not so much of that emotion.

Also regards to you being tired of yourself and the way you look. I would recommend doing something for yourself that might change your appearance and make you feel a little bit better about yourself. I know for me I hate the way I look so something I do is get piercing i like and tattoos that mean something and give me something to like about myself. I also dye my hair different crazy colors because I don't like my hair so by changing it the way I like it I feel better about my appearance. Maybe that might be something you can think about doing if it seems like something you might be interested in.

As regards to being tired of being here and breathing and hating yourself, that is a tough one. I would recommend if you haven't already is finding a therapist who you connect with and tell them all of this and be very honest they are there to help you and give you advice on how to go on living and to help you make your life something your proud of.

I know what it's like thinking that you are a disappointment. In my case that all it is. I actually get told all the time that I am not a disappointment. Maybe that might be the case for you. I would suggest talking with your family and friends and telling them how you feel. Because they won't know how you feel unless you tell them.

A lot of people don't know how to get better. I think that is something we all struggle with. I suggest just taking it one day at a time. And if that seems like too much take it one minute at a time.

You are worth so much more that you give yourself credit. Please don't give up. I know I don't know you but I can tell that you are a strong person and you really don't want to give up. Because you are here posting this instead of giving up.

If you ever need to talk or just need to vent I am always available to listen and help where I can. You can PM/VM me anytime.

Your Friend,
Frankie

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I dont wanna be here anymore - January 12th 2017, 11:21 PM

Hello

Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope we can help you in one way or another.

You say you don't have a bad life but it sounds like you are going through a lot right now and have been for a while and the things you have stated that you are struggling with can easily cause a person to feel distressed, hurt and upset. Can I ask why you feel that you hate yourself? Has something happened or has someone said something to make you feel this way? You don't deserve hate from anyone, even yourself. You deserve to live yourself and take care of yourself. You say you feel emotionally and physically tired too and I am wondering if you know what is triggering this?

It makes me sad to hear that you are tired of breathing and being here because you deserve life and you deserve happiness and I wish I could make things better for you. Please know that nothing lasts forever and these emotions and thoughts will not last. They will eventually pass and you will begin to feel better and more positive but sometimes we need help with this and I am wondering whether you feel you can beat this alone with support from this site for example or whether you feel you need more help and support from professionals such as a doctor, counsellor, therapist etc. Because if you feel you need more help and professional help then that is okay, and I would like to encourage you to do so. However, if you don't feel that you need that help, that is okay too. We want what is best for you but I do want to say if you ever feel at serious risk to yourself and your life, its so so important that you reach out for help, whether it is fro a friend, a family member or even going to A&E/ER or calling the emergency services or a helpline to help you through that.

Just remember you are not alone and we are all here for you to help as much as we can. Look after yourself, stay safe and make sure you ask for any help that you feel you need.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread